• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Will we finally see a James Hetfield Signature now that Henry is gone?

emg32

I know that Hetfield grew to hate Henry, with their past dealings, so nothing ever happened after the Iron Cross debacle. Hetfield would not work with Henry after that.

Now that Henry is out do you think Gibson will wise up and give one of the best Gibson heavy/hard rock rhythm players of all time at least one signature model?? Explorer would be the obvious choice.

Yes Hetfield endorses ESP but their agreement is non binding and James has played Gibsons, ESP's and many other brands from the start of Metallica through today. A signature with Gibson would not effect his ESP relationship at all. Kirk did a Gibson Flying V a few years back and he was with ESP before James was and still is.

As a Hetfield fan I personally would love to see this happen. Hetfield is my reason for me picking up the guitar in the late 80's so I of course am biased.

emg32

There was an Iron Cross debacle?

That's why it never happened, Henry was there.

IMO there is the demand. Look at the "GOTW" run Gibson did years ago that was "based" on a Hetfield Explorer. It sold out quickly and if any come up for sale now they are well above new price.