• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Replacement Bridge LP Standard

GuitarLP

Hello,

Apologies if his has already been covered in a previous thread - I'm a noobie on this forum.

I have a Les Paul Standard from 1998 and I am trying to work out the correct replacement bridge & tailpiece from that era. The original has been misplaced over the years.

I currently have Tonepro's on for the last 10 years or so, but I want to make sure I leave the correct parts in the case for my son's inheritance many years from now.

I have contacted Gibson directly but they "won't give out vendor information" regarding the manufacturer of that time. I believe the current manufacturer is Ping Works and Schaller seems to come up quite frequently in my searches.

Can anyone offer any insight on the topic?

Thanks for all the great information - cheers

El Gringo

If I were you I would buy genuine Gibson replacement parts . The tailpiece and the bridge be it a Nashville or an ABR-1 . These are easy enough to find ,whether it is from Gibson.com store , or a music store such as The Music Zoo .