• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Blues Jr.

Texas Blues

Yes.

But it makes you look twice.

And that's the point...

Then you do the mods to fix the makeup.

And some more to wax that 5 o'clock.

Then it's sitting in your office.

And you like have to esplains it to all your friends.

And then you are doing a lot of solo work...

And then....

You get booked.

On The Jerry Springer Show.

DESERTRAT

My main amps are a Twin and a Mesa Express and at 70 I figured it was time to get an amp that I didn't need to use a cart to move. I bought and returned three other small watt amps before I fell in love with the BJ III. The only mods I've done is to swap the speaker out for an Eminence C-Rex and replace the rubber dog bone handle with leather.

8FI_f2xc4S_7okszPYiYq0apSHRoUrksKbgAxMvHs7oFyoG9UEGXXidQK7J9yZl5r3KHOeC5AKDu2EuTEid23TqCOqr2YncPqiswh3ofD_juSB7TUnWaHVa3cwA16DY6k-oocPoNpSemvtKD7tO-qEmVCVUZKgzTLXYe1IQJBSBxtCIGlnnFWzxBQpq4bVtTn1dYzVEL70-ktxraz1HPSc1K2tOjiHzUlJ28nl_QkzyzTP8WNdEg6pYxsf2QpXzWZ2D6-V_fz2_4gYzQo7ciDPCLPjg9Ifo8xFXhFOVX-0FPZNSCGppRA5rH4EGS4VpoBwhDm8C3-FnadcxFgZ0gPyRWOfpAtmGTMuXGbJwAAg3wPtfQgXm98KSb3B23vRXYuyPiiTfaQJY3TgQo70vKQsFbQtEx421OiqJrYnO2hNr6fbY7TNjLw8fjlCy6PlUeYInfgKG_RftgAg0Vb4Ro9X-eoGzeJnrJkzPFGe9FwePuc-MHyXrbQbJPNXbsU0LSsm6-YDSgkyWjcxJn9xuoSDArREJoZQ5cxtIFRhjEcenPqWdqeZawZ-VOvMWMYORlNzxPei84bAeS9lUm_5J_78xn_oceFY1qhlCbjPUhcsLnMsfhq_I-u-a66uBDCTE07v3PG4xBjtnB7_WHB0CZUdc3UsdUmQ=w553-h640-no

AndyRay

I was going to post a little while back asking for opinions on the Bill Lawrence circuit board pickups, I've had a 1990 Studio for a while, amazing 'unplugged' tone to it, nicest action and neck I've played but was not loving the pickups at all, swapped out for a Seymour Duncan 59/JB set, still not impressed, then back to the circuit boards.

Fastforward to last week, a guy at work found an old blues junior in a roadside junk pile, plugged it in, did nothing but crackle. I took it off his hands, soldered some jumper wires from the overheated tube socket pin joints to the ribbon joints and away she went, tested it for a solid 3-4 hours with no issues.

Already gave it the BillM tonestack mod for midrange and spotted the leaky capacitors ( it's a 2003 which were known for it ) so they're next.

I'll probably give it all the BillM mods I reckon, since it cost me nothing.

Best part of all is that when I plugged in the '90 studio, those Bill Lawrence circuit boards sprang to life, wow they're good, from muddy to fat and clear just like that, I guess they only sounded shit before because I was playing it through a Boss Katana - great amp for my other guitars but Bill must have designed these often maligned pickups specifically with something like this valve circuitry in mind, the difference is night and day, now my favorite pickups and my favorite amp !

The other bonus it that it takes my pedals exceptionally well straight to the input, especially the compressor, and makes my other guitars sing much better too- Gretch, Ric, Strat and another LP.

Selling the Katana and getting another one of these I think, these things are simple, light and mighty !