• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Keith Nelson - Buckcherry

J.D.

Anyone know what Keith is up to these days? Left Buckcherry last year but not too much information. I figured it was temporary but then read Josh and new band are going to record a new album (without Keith). Buckcherry without Keith isn't Buckcherry (sorry, no offense to new band).

HI-TONE

I talked with him a few months ago and he is focusing on his family and working in his studio.
Great Guy!

J.D.

Good to hear.

I'm still trying to understand why he left the band (again). Some sort of falling out or just tired of the seemingly endless touring?

I really like his writing and playing. I've been a fan since the begining and have watched the band with him and Josh in all the different lineups play more times than I can remember.

I haven't seen the new lineup play yet. They might be really good, I don't know, but Buckcherry without Keith just isn't Buckcherry.

I know he posted here at one time after buying his Burst. Would be cool if he posted again.

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
Keith’s doing great. He’s producing several new bands and recording his own music. He co-wrote a bunch of the songs on Blackberry Smoke’s latest album.

He got tired of the seemingly endless touring.

He’s one of the nicest guys on the planet.:jim

jb_abides

Posted on Blabbermouth (dot) net -

BUCKCHERRY singer Josh Todd says that he has yet to rekindle his friendship with Keith Nelson, nearly two years after the guitarist left the group.

Nelson's departure from BUCKCHERRY was announced in May 2017. At the time, no reason was given for his exit from the band. He was replaced by Kevin Roentgen, who had previously played with AMERICAN PEARL and SOUL.

Asked by "Rock Talk With Mitch Lafon" if there is any chance of a personal reconciliation between him and Nelson, Todd said (hear audio below): "I can tell you this. I really gave him an opportunity to set himself up for that, and he didn't take that opportunity. So, I can't tell you that there is. I can only personally tell you that I've done a lot of work on the subject and I can say this that I hope he's happy, and that's it. And I hope everybody who's had any kind of issue with [BUCKCHERRY] and had to leave is happy, 'cause that's all that matters at the end of the day. I don't hate him and I don't hate anybody."

jb_abides

From an article on Times Online (website for Pittsburg, PA area paper - where Keith grew up) -

But what went wrong to end a career partnership between Nelson and Todd that lasted 22 years?

“The thing is when he left or departed, there hadn’t been a band for three years,” Todd said. “You could just feel a big change was coming. I mean, you’d have to talk to Keith to get his full reason, but at the end of the day, he wasn’t happy and nobody in the band was really happy. But I think it benefited everyone individually. It was the best thing for him and the best thing for Buckcherry. And now Buckcherry can become what it needed to be again, and thrive.”

J.D.

Thanks for all the replies. Looking forward to hearing his new music/direction.

Thanks for all the replies. Looking forward to hearing his new music/direction.

I met Keith several years ago when he was selling guitars in LA. Drew's place? anyway we struck up a conversation about
Ronnie Wood we ended up talking for two hours and then he mentions he is in a band called Sparrow? playing at the Viper Room.
I head over to the Viper Room and watch the set and I think wow these guys are great, just an amazing band.
After their set I head over to their booth and Keith gets up and introduces me to the band. Keith was just nice decent
polite guy but I remember thinking, "the lead singer is an odd ball, I hope Keith finds another band". LOL