• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Creating A Pair Of Pedalboards.......................

JeffBlue

I ordered Ikea Hejne shelves (Gorm is no more) that will be delivered tomorrow and I will be converting them into pedalboards. They will be based on multi effects units and remain simple.

1. Will be either painted British or Hunter green to match my Trace Elliott Bonneville 4X10. This will have a TC Electronics Nova System, Switch-3 and a Behringer VT999 pedal.

2. Probably paint this one black. This one will have a Digitech RP5 and another Behringer VT999. (I have one and 2 more arriving tomorrow) Both pedalboards will utilize a small power strip and a OneSpot power supply.

I am liking the Behringer VT999 and I always change the 12AX7 for an NOS 5814A (military grade 12AU7) The pedal is inexpensive and is highly tweakable.

JeffBlue

I let go of my TC Electronics G System and Nova System and ordered a Line 6 HX Stomp. I will now be building one pedalboard around this unit. i'll be using an external compressor and tube distortion pedal to free up some more effects blocks and play this system/rig through my Vox MV50 Clean amp.

renderit

PICTURES ARE NECESSARY HERE!

They are like
IKEA Allen Wrenches!

You should have one with each posting!

GET BUSY BUBBA!

metropolis

Line6 are disregarded by many but the quality of their effects is very impressive nowadays. I A/B'd my MXR Phase 90 and the model of it inside the Line6 X3 Live (which is many years old by now) and you really couldn't tell the difference.

If I needed the versatility (over individual stomp boxes) an M9 or similar would definitely be at the heart of my board.

Looking forward to seeing pictures! I'm building two boards myself right now but traditional stomp box based ones, one large and one tiny for different situations.

sonar

Gorm! A blast from the past. :dude:

I still have mine tucked away in the gear closet.