• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Can somebody identify this Ibanez LP copy?

sh80action

Hi guys,

I stumbled upon a Craigslist ad with an LP copy by Ibanez. I think it's a pre-lawsuit model. Can anyone identify this guitar? The seller wants 80$ including the case. Do you think it's worth it?
Thanks for your help!

sh80action

I've never heard of these guitars. I just sensed a bargain and was curious to find out more about it. I also couldn't find a model on the web featuring those rectangular fretboard inlays.

PaulLaRue

Jeez...the case is worth $80.00.
Should have grabbed it. Probably long gone now?

Hamerfan

Some of these copies have bolt on necks like Fenders. The 2351 for instance...

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
I think I read somewhere that the Gibson style head-stock is what started the "Lawsuit", but by the time the case was actually filed, Ibanez had switched to the Guild-esque head-stock. :hmm

I still have my '77 Ibanez LP Custom copy... :peace2

16141067228_db98a11ebe_b.jpg

jwguitar

I think I read somewhere that the Gibson style head-stock is what started the "Lawsuit", but by the time the case was actually filed, Ibanez had switched to the Guild-esque head-stock. :hmm

I still have my '77 Ibanez LP Custom copy... :peace2

16141067228_db98a11ebe_b.jpg

That reminds me of the post lawsuit Johnny Smith L5 copy I had from 1976. That was such an amazing guitar. Looking at your guitar reminds me the guitar I used to own. I can still picture how that neck feels in my hands!

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
That reminds me of the post lawsuit Johnny Smith L5 copy I had from 1976. That was such an amazing guitar. Looking at your guitar reminds me the guitar I used to own. I can still picture how that neck feels in my hands!

:salude