• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Nickel Plated Firebird Pickup Rings?

TM1

Anyone know if anyone makes/sells Nickel plated rings? I have a 2003 Firebird VII and have old, early Sixties pickups that Gibson made for Harmony/Silvertone that are nickel plated. I’d like to use Nickel surrounds/rings for them instead of the chrome ones.
Anyone know know if any company offers Nickel rings?
cheers/Thanks!

latestarter

Be aware that modern day pickup rings are bigger on the inside dimensions than the old pickup covers. There will be a gap...larger than some people can live with. I made a run of nickel plated original spec rings some years back to fit vintage Firebirds and sold many sets. Seymour Duncan is the only manufacturer that I am aware of that makes pickups to the original size specs.

AA00475Bassman

I do believe the mojo tone rings are sized for ceramics . I think I have a set will look and post size if I still have the rings .

Last edited: