• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

0 8145 For Sale at Rumbleseat

DEVILBAT

The first burst that I ever owned, 0 8145, is up for sale at Rumble Seat Music.

I bought this one years ago and it's a great sounding and playing guitar

v1KpICB.jpg

I sold this one to fund another burst, but, looking at it again, I wish I kept it! But we can't keep them all, can we?

(I have no affiliation with Rumbleseat and I no longer own the guitar.)

Anyway, some flame and some nice grain shows on the top. It sounds killer.

Anyway, it's a nice guitar and it's in Burst Believers 2 & 3.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I love that era Bursts! :dude:

So, which came first, the sticker or the finish damage? :hmm

sws1

What does one see if you pull that sticker (?) off? It reminds of a scab that would be hard not to pick at.

The first burst that I ever owned, 0 8145, is up for sale at Rumble Seat Music.

I bought this one years ago and it's a great sounding and playing guitar

v1KpICB.jpg

I sold this one to fund another burst, but, looking at it again, I wish I kept it! But we can't keep them all, can we?

(I have no affiliation with Rumbleseat and I no longer own the guitar.)

Anyway, some flame and some nice grain shows on the top. It sounds killer.

Anyway, it's a nice guitar and it's in Burst Believers 2 & 3.

I just saw this on the Rumbleseat website priced at $190K. Aside from the scar on the face are there any issues you know of while you owned it? Original condition? Seems reasonably priced and I'm wondering if it's all due to that scar.

sws1

I just saw this on the Rumbleseat website priced at $190K. Aside from the scar on the face are there any issues you know of while you owned it? Original condition? Seems reasonably priced and I'm wondering if it's all due to that scar.

Looks like you're too late, if you were looking. Already off the website.

DEVILBAT

Nope....guitar is 100% original; the scar lowered the price to a nice entry level burst. It's a great one and took the scar in consideration of the nice price.

corpse

First Burst I ever beheld then held- at RSM in Ithaca years ago. Couldn't believe the sales guy brought it (and the plainest plaintop I had ever seen- it looked like a 2x4) out and asked what amp I wanted to plug into- completely serious. I was way too nervous and the shop was surprisingly crowded for after 6PM on a weeknight.
One thing that continues to shock me- and defy physics- is how light those old bursts feel. A new #9 one and a '60 at #9- one feels like a stone and the other a feather. Very strange.

agogetr

What does one see if you pull that sticker (?) off? It reminds of a scab that would be hard not to pick at.

lol! man i dont know what to think of what i would do with that!
it was pointed out to me the other day that i had a shot at this guitar, i have read that it came from guitar crazy in portland oregon however i was told at the time some guys came down from seattle with it to portland and left with it? or maybe they sold it to guitar crazy? i would have checked it out but couldnt get there in a timely manner (or maybe didnt have the dough cant remember)
now its been to rumbleseat? some of these guitars get around! i,m thinkin its a screamer or joe would not have bought it.
hate to say it id probably peal the sticker thing off and put it on the case and have the same guy that did the amsterdam burst (or whatever the name was) do the touchup. my burst is only a dozen or so numbers away from this one.

DEVILBAT

I saw Joe play this burst at the State Theatre in New Brunswick, N.J. It sounded killer.

I was wondering why it didn't sound that way when I owned and played it? haha

Met Joe and Mike Hickey a couple of hours before the show and showed him my current burst, 0 7442.....mine is a plaintop but is only 2 numbers off of Ed King's flamed '60 (0 7444 I believe).

Anyway, it was a gas to talk guitars with Joe and talk a bit about the old New York Guitar Show that used to take place on the Lower East Side (Aveune A and 12th) in a church basement before the 'hood got swanky...
Anyway, Joe was kind enough to let me check out a couple of his guitars, his Terry Reid Tele is supercool.

Anyway, thanks to JBPlayer for his kindness and a great show. Also a big thanks to Mike Hickey.

0 8145 and 0 7442 at my place a couple of years back...I sold 0 8145 to a friend and fellow forum member....Eliot was kind enough to sell it for him and I'm glad Joe wound up with it and is playing it a lot live....I tried to buy i back first, of course, but just missed having the right amount of scratch for it....Everything worked out much better as it's in better hands now...

gEguVrq.jpg

Last edited:

agogetr

Did the sticker cause the scar? :hmm
a friend of mine seems to know a little bit about johny b. he told me the johny b sticker thing is the second one to be on the guitar. the first one was installed with some real nasty sticky glue that actually ate into the wood a bit. he said that plaque/sticker was removed for a while and lost or somthing then at some point the one on it now was added. purely second hand heresay but thats what i was told. devilbat may know somthing about it. love the guitar 190k was a pretty good deal it seems

Last edited: