• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

RIP Roy Clark

Triburst

Great player and Gibson afficianado Roy Clark is dead at 85.

deytookerjaabs

RIP, not many left from that Era.

Never met the guy but always wanted to hang with fellas like him. When I moved to Nashville I knew Leon Rhodes was still around and shot a message via facebook to see if I could get a lesson. No response, then I spoke to someone who knew him well and came to find he had dimentia, passed away sometime later. :dang

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
RIP. Like Jerry Reed, once you got past the southern-fried humor, you discovered an awesome guitar player. Speaking of which, what's the story on this goldtop he's playing? '70s reissue with black speed knobs?

DsENef7X4AIg86T.jpg

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
RIP. Like Jerry Reed, once you got past the southern-fried humor, you discovered an awesome guitar player. Speaking of which, what's the story on this goldtop he's playing? '70s reissue with black speed knobs?

DsENef7X4AIg86T.jpg

I know he had a 50s Goldtop. That might be it. Stage lighting really screws the colors.

He was the best part of Hee Haw, until they made him sing instead of shred. :ganz

:rip

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
Here's a clip of Roy and Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown each just smoking on "Take the A Train:"

sonar

Summer weekend nights in the country watching Hee Haw with my grandma. Thank you Buck and Roy.

Roy Clark was perhaps the first player I recognized as a virtuoso, understanding the definition long before knowing the word.

RIP to one of the great pickers.

SpencerD

Summer weekend nights in the country watching Hee Haw with my grandma. Thank you Buck and Roy.

Roy Clark was perhaps the first player I recognized as a virtuoso, understanding the definition long before knowing the word.

Yessir!

VamboRool

Does the guitar in the Folsom Prison video look like a thin bodied L-5 to anyone else?

ourmaninthenorth

What a beautifully succinct crafted piece of writing that is.

Bravo sonar.

:salude

DOSE!

A great entertainer and such a talented picker.
I loved watching Roy when I was young just being silly then got serious on a variety of instruments that he played with greatness

Midnight Blues

Outside of the Country scene, totally underrated and under-appreciated (IMHO) player. A real talent.

R.I.P. Roy.