• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

In The process Of Building A Brass Top Thinline Tele........................

JeffBlue

Should be a cool build. Seymour Duncan pickups, '59 humbucker in the neck, Antiquity P90 middle and a Jerry Donahue in the bridge, brass top.
I did, however, make a mistake on the StewMac thinline body by thinking I could lightly roast the body using the oven when my wife finished baking and with the oven off. Just during the cool down about 3 times. Anyway, I have a slight separation where the body woods were glued together, the body and the neck pocket shrank a bit and now the brass top is slightly oversized (due to body shrinkage)

The upside is the wife gave me the okay to order a special Warmoththin line tele body build for the project.

JeffBlue

Just ordered a Warmoth Black Korina with a Padouk laminate top. I requested a Bloodwood laminate top if doesn't cost me any more and no radius on the top laminate. I ordered no f-hole soundhole rout because I will be routing a lightning bolt soundhole to match the brass plate. Should be a really cool build with a touch of mojo.