• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

So I Finally Purchased My Dream Les Paul... "LUCY"

Midnight Blues

She's a beauty! Congrats, HNGD
attachment.php
and play her in good health!

rockabilly69

In conclusion, I love it! Well worth the 5 years of saving and searching. She will be a permanent axe in my collection no matter what.

It's wonderful that you wound up with a guitar that was worth the wait! I've been through the waiting process and I know what that's like:salude

Dan#1287

It's wonderful that you wound up with a guitar that was worth the wait! I've been through the waiting process and I know what that's like:salude

Agreed, fair play to you for waiting so long and for lucking out with such a low number. Any sound clips on the way?

Top Gun

Forever Fab - I've had several good experiences using the M2M program. I have placed my orders through Curt at the HOG. Curt is very helpful and can guide you thru the process. Just know in advance what you want and be VERY specific.

My red LP was ordered with a figured plain top and a 59' neck profile. I ordered light weight Mahogany (back and neck) and dark fingerboard. I also wanted the deep red aniline dye for the back and sides.

Hope this helps…

IMG_3179-X2.jpg

Last edited:

rilko

I am considering getting a custom built “Lucy” by a local luthier and have a few questions regarding finish and parts. From the many pics I have seen posted the pguard, trim rings, body and neck binding all appear to be off white rather than the aged darker cream white that you can get from Gibson. How are the limited edition custom built Lucy’s from Gibson equipped? Is binding cream or off white? Does anyone have any comments on how the cherry red finish was applied? dye and lacquer, tinted lacquer or ? Thanx all!