• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Considering Making A New Baffle For My Cab............1X10 and 1X12...........

JeffBlue

I have a blonde speaker cab loaded with a 12 inch Fender Special Design Eminence 12 inch 8 ohm 50 watt speaker. I want to purchase/add a 10 inch 8 ohm Celestion Gold to combine with the present speaker.......1X10 and 1X12...Alnico and Ceramic. With these two speakers combined, what can I expect?

JeffBlue

LOL.......yeah, I get that. Looking for some responses from people who own a Celestion Gold. I know what my Ceramic speaker sounds like. The speaker that I have is a Fender Special Design Eminence fashioned after the Legend 1258 12 inch 8 ohm 50 watt. 100.1 dB sensitivity. Great sounding speaker. The Celestion Gold is rated at 99 dB sensitivity. Fairly close and the Gold will be the speaker on top.

Don

I have a Celestion Gold 10. I really like it when I run it alongside the Celestion and Scumback ceramics that I have. It fills out the sound nicely- adds a focus that the 12s don't have. I use it by itself in a 1x10" Mesa Express and it made that amp.

JeffBlue

I have a Celestion Gold 10. I really like it when I run it alongside the Celestion and Scumback ceramics that I have. It fills out the sound nicely- adds a focus that the 12s don't have. I use it by itself in a 1x10" Mesa Express and it made that amp.

Thank you Don, exactly the kind of information I was looking for. I know mixing Alnico speakers with Ceramic is a winning combination. I have a Trace Elliott Bonneville 4X10 that I had removed the bottom 2 Celestions for a pair of Weber 10 inch 16 ohm Alnico Californias and this amp sounds vastly better than before.