• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

BURST BELIEVERS IV

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
View attachment 9113

Proud to see my "Munich Burst" 8-6917 in Burst Believers I, II & IV

Munich Burst? :hmm

It was a real fun road trip outside of Muenster when I got this one. :ganz

8_6917-01-me.jpg

TM1

Looks nice but I'll wait until the price comes down another $10.-15. bucks on amazon. Even at $74. ist's a bit more than I can spend on a book.. sorry! I love Bursts and have played a number of them over the last 50 years.
I remember going into a pawn shop on Broadway in San Diego in early 1969 and the guy had a Burst and a Goldtop sitting way up ontop of a case..I asked and he said "the Gold one is $300. and the sunburst one is $400." was a bit too much for this kid who was going to boarding school.. May as well have been $10k. I had just seen the Buddy Miles Express in late 1968 with Jim McCarty who was rippin' it up on his GT with Buddy's band... nothing like being 16 years old without much cash and stuck in a bleedin' boarding school
I hope the book does great!! Maybe I'll bite the bullett...

david plues

Looks nice but I'll wait until the price comes down another $10.-15. bucks on amazon. Even at $74. ist's a bit more than I can spend on a book.. sorry! I love Bursts and have played a number of them over the last 50 years.
I remember going into a pawn shop on Broadway in San Diego in early 1969 and the guy had a Burst and a Goldtop sitting way up ontop of a case..I asked and he said "the Gold one is $300. and the sunburst one is $400." was a bit too much for this kid who was going to boarding school.. May as well have been $10k. I had just seen the Buddy Miles Express in late 1968 with Jim McCarty who was rippin' it up on his GT with Buddy's band... nothing like being 16 years old without much cash and stuck in a bleedin' boarding school

they did come down to just under $50 but bounced up - the UK is out of stock!!!

goldtop0

Yeah it was a bummer being young and without any dough.
Christmas of '69 I took my first holiday job at a large store in the city, it sold all sorts of stuff, sports goods, hifi, records, and guitars and amps.
One day a 335 appeared on the wall at $550............and as you say, may as well have been $10k..........I was drooling for the time it was there.......didn't last long:dang

akstrat61

Some super stunning photos!:dude::jim:dude:

Whose dog is that?:hank:##

david plues

Masaharu Hatta - the one with the cute red coat - the black coated one is Keith Smarts pooch