• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Collectors Choice #1 Melvyn Franks VOS

Vanengelen

Dear all, I'm in the opportunity to buy myself a CC#1 Melvyn Franks. What's a decent price for it? What does the Vintage Guitar guide say? Mine is a '14 edition. I'm afraid the price has gone up a little since then.

corpse

These have gone up alot- and are unusual enough there is not a market price yet. Reputation is good for these- you HAVE to play it though as they vary like any guitar. If it's good you have to consider it might go $10-12K.

PeteNJ75

I've been keeping my eye on the market for these for the past few months, and the prices vary wildly. I've seen them going as low as $8K but for one with a nice top I've seen people asking $15K (which I think is outrageous for a non-aged version of an 8 year old guitar). Good luck!

duaneflowers

Love my Greeny... IMHO it is one of the best runs Gibson ever did... :salude

36003078_10215700809249826_88376966524174336_n.jpg

Vanengelen

CC1 VOS.jpg

Picked her up this week. Beyond a doubt, on of the best guitars I ever laid my hands on. In the end we've settled the deal for 8k.

Lenny

In hindsight I wish I had held on to mine, I'd have made quite a profit on it. I felt the frets were slightly too low. The middle position though nailed the OOP sound and it looked great. One of the best necks as well.

duaneflowers

View attachment 8732

Picked her up this week. Beyond a doubt, on of the best guitars I ever laid my hands on. In the end we've settled the deal for 8k.

Beauty!!! If the beastbuckers don't float your boat, there are a ton of superior aftermarket pickups available... seems everyone makes a Greeny set... I recommend the Wizzes, I tried a dozen different ones in my CC#1, but those are the ones I settled on.

herb

Congratulations!:salude I've been half assedly looking for a VOS over the years. Want to give some tips on how you found yours or did it fall into you lap? I'm jealous. :wah

PeteNJ75

Congratulations!:salude I've been half assedly looking for a VOS over the years. Want to give some tips on how you found yours or did it fall into you lap? I'm jealous. :wah

Yup, I'm curious too... How did you happen to find it? I'm surprised it wasn't on Ebay or Reverb. Was it a local store or something? Thanks for any tips!

Vanengelen

I actually ran into it accidentally. I’m a member of the Facebook Group “Gibson Les Paul Historic Reissue R8,R9,R0” just because I like to see all those great looking guitars people post in that group. In some reply, somebody posted a picture of his CC1, and wrote “thinking of selling it” underneath it. So I contacted him (he happened to live just about 50km away from where I live) to let him know that, if he wanted to sell her, he should talk to me. And luckily, we finally settled it for a price we were both happy with.

herb

I actually ran into it accidentally. I’m a member of the Facebook Group “Gibson Les Paul Historic Reissue R8,R9,R0” just because I like to see all those great looking guitars people post in that group. In some reply, somebody posted a picture of his CC1, and wrote “thinking of selling it” underneath it. So I contacted him (he happened to live just about 50km away from where I live) to let him know that, if he wanted to sell her, he should talk to me. And luckily, we finally settled it for a price we were both happy with.

You lucky dog! Thanks for the response. :2cool