• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

68’ SG: Legit or Fake?

Chreez

I wanna start this out by saying that I’ve done as much research as I can, but I’ve always been a fender guy so I’m a little out of my depth on this stuff. There’s an SG for sale on Craigslist (correction: mid 70s based on the serial number) and it’s a good deal (not enough to be a huge red flag, but enough to raise an eyebrow). I know a few HUGE things to look out for (scarf joints, hex nut) but take a look at the pictures and tell me if y’all have any concerns (the off center “Gibson” logo is my biggest concern). Heads up, the pickups have been replaced and he is including the originals.

-Thanks guys!

http://imgur.com/a/XyJb4E5

Last edited:

Wally

those pickups may be SD FAt CAts.....P-90 type built into a humbucker size.

DaveSG

That is a nice looking guitar! I'd want to see the heel and inspect for damage. But, depending on the price, it may or may not matter. This is my favorite era of SG's ('67-'71)