• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Best and more collectible True Historic cc LP?

SimonBarSinister

If you are interested in a Donna I would suggest taking your time. I have seen a wide variety of tops. There are some really nice ones out there. The guitars themselves are fantastic.

For that kind of money you want to get one that you really love ...don't settle. Gary's has a nice one. Its priced a little high but you know you are getting a top shelf guitar from them.

https://www.garysguitars.com/catalog/2015-les-paul-lp-59-collectors-choice-“donna”#expanded

Good luck in your search!!! :salude

Here are a couple of pictures of mine. The flame is so 3D on this guitar. It sounds and looks great. I had to wait and look around for a really nice one.

3.jpg

6.jpg

Last edited:

cxuereb

If my memory serves me correctly, that one made the rounds on eBay a few months ago...sold for pretty cheap. I think around $5,000. The top looked weird around the toggle switch to me. Just my two cents!

Price is nice, but the top doesn't really match the Donna style maple like most of the others. :hmm

Louisguitar

If my memory serves me correctly, that one made the rounds on eBay a few months ago...sold for pretty cheap. I think around $5,000. The top looked weird around the toggle switch to me. Just my two cents.

Actually the top looked “particular” around the toggle switch.
I will wait for a really right guitar.
I could even change model, I heard good things about the cc#37 Carmelita...
But now Donna remains my favorite choice.

marshall1987

Why limit yourself to a Gibson Collectors Choice (CC) model?

You can't do much better than a signed Pearly Gates, or one of the first Duane Allman "HotLanta" models. :biggrin:

solsurfr

I think Goldie's (CC#2) hold their value's as well - especially the ones with big tops. CC's are made in limited numbers so I would think by that alone would make them a bit more valuable than a TH which I think has higher production volumes? I also like the CC16 as another great value for the dollar and there is one at Wildwood. One that you also don't see very often with hide-glue construction are the 20th Anniversary R9's painted by Tom Murphy, handpicked tops by Edwin Wilson and Tom Murphy. There were a couple out there on Reverb that I think are fantastic guitars at a great value. Really depends on how much you want to spend?

edward van tijen

Try a CC#6 ..its briljant.... lots of sustain , tone en dynamics accoustic.and they look asesome!
One of the best les pauls for me:)

El Gringo

What about the new run starting from 2017 of the run of Brazilian Custom Shop Les Paul's . I have to think over the long haul because of the magical mystical Brazilian will hold it's value more ?