• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Best and more collectible True Historic cc LP?

Louisguitar

Hi all,
I own a 50th anniversary 1960 LP standard version 1, a very nice guitar, but now I would like to buy another LP, a True Historic cc.
What do you think is the most successful and collectible guitar in this series?
I know that every guitar is unique, but I need your precious opinion also because probably I have to buy it online.
If I had to answer this question probably I say cc#5 Donna, but I’ve never played it.
To be onest I’ve never played any cc or TH.

Thanks

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
What do you think is the most successful and collectible guitar in this series?

The most successful was Sandy. They sold more Sandys than any other model.
But the most collectible is probably a different model.

I like my Donnas better than my Sandys but that's a personal choice. I don't think in terms of "most collectible", just what I like the best. :ganz

Louisguitar

The most successful was Sandy. They sold more Sandys than any other model.
But the most collectible is probably a different model.

I like my Donnas better than my Sandys but that's a personal choice. I don't think in terms of "most collectible", just what I like the best. :ganz

Do you have many “modern” LP?
What is your favorite?

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Do you have many “modern” LP?
What is your favorite?

I only have my Sandy and Donna copies [that I got as part of the payment for using my guitars].

But modern Les Pauls are always in my store, so I often see others than my personal instruments.

PeteNJ75

I can't speak for "best" collector's choice, but CC#1 is by far the most collectible. Unfortunately you'll need about $15K for the VOS and $25K for the aged model. The prices are outrageous, but it's a sweet guitar that's for sure.

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
Some of the Collector's Choices also had True Historic specs, so keep that in mind if that kind of thing is important to you.:jim

Louisguitar

Some of the Collector's Choices also had True Historic specs, so keep that in mind if that kind of thing is important to you.:jim

I know that the True Historic is another step to the “perfect” Les Paul,
so I prefer choose between these guitars.

Midnight Blues

I'd have to type that CC#1 is the most collectable. Doesn't mean it's the best (it is to me), or the prettiest, but they're hard to come by.

PeteNJ75

Price is nice, but the top doesn't really match the Donna style maple like most of the others. :hmm

It's not every day you get the owner of the ACTUAL '59 burst evaluating your potential purchase of a CC version of their guitar, so I'd take his word for it.

I like the price and the nice dark fretboard, but something about the top doesn't feel right to me either. Not that it's bad, but it's nothing like the original.

Louisguitar

The guitar is in unplayed condition and in my opinion this is important.
I found another guitar with a nice price:

https://reverb.com/item/14815279-gibson-collector-s-choice-donna-les-paul-2015-59-burst

I asked about the condition of the frets, originality, case candy ecc. ecc. and the answer was:

“The guitar is all original and because it is from a large collection it hasn’t been played much.
So..... the fretboard and frets are in great condition. The case also is original and in great shape - cames with the certificate and case candy too.

It weighs in at 9.10 Lbs - has no repairs and needs none - and of course...it sounds...incredible”.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
It's not every day you get the owner of the ACTUAL '59 burst evaluating your potential purchase of a CC version of their guitar, so I'd take his word for it.

But remember, my opinion is based on only a few photos.
Those guitars are great. I love my Donna copies and one has a top that matches and one doesn't. :salude

Louisguitar

I would like to know if the scratches and the dents on the guitar on sale by Luthiers Workshop are original or not.
The price is very good, but I would like to see the top from different angles to evaluate the flaming.