• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Tronical customer service?

JaanQ

This year I got lucky...as a lefty player I bought a 2013 Future Les Paul, and 2013 70's Tribute SG new old stock cheap at Sam Ash. In fact they both left the factory on the same day in December of 2012. They both came with Min-E-Tune.

I liked the Min-E-Tune but didn't love it. It's convenient for practicing that's for sure. I contacted Tronical and asked about updating the firmware to the current firmware and they said no problem, $50 total just send them to us in Germany.

That was a month ago and so far they're completely blowing me off. They stopped answering the trouble ticket and they didn't respond to an e-mail. The last I heard my units were "stuck in customs". I'm thinking about calling them on Monday. This is starting to worry me and also making me a bit angry. I'm a patient guy but blowing me off is something else entirely.

Has anyone else had a bad experience with Tronical? Has anyone been ripped off by Tronical?

Thank you!

PS Yes I know I should just install regular tuners...I've considered that, at least to the Les Paul but dang it, I want my stuff back!

Dave P

There is a big legal bruhah between Tronical and Gibson, probably why they aren't the most cooperative.

JaanQ

I got my control units back last week...and one of them is broken! UGH. I submitted a trouble ticket a few days ago but no response yet. I just went ahead and ordered Grover locking tuners for my Les Paul and I'll install those tomorrow. Who knows if they'll fix the broken unit. For what it's worth, the unit with the updated firmware does actually work better...but considering I got the ball rolling on this back in MAY, I'm not holding my breath for a quick resolution on the broken one, and I certainly would not recommend sending anything back to them.

JaanQ

Update! I contacted Tronical and they sent me a new control unit right away free of charge. I'm glad they at least had the class to do that. It arrived on Xmas eve too.

musekatcher

Glad Tronical worked out. I like these tuners ok, but wish they were smoother for manual tuning. PS - customs is becoming an issue with instrument shipping. I've seen other threads on other forums from regular users who are now experiencing problems. Might be CITES cracking down, might be tariff fall out, who knows?

I had a 70's Tribute SG as well from 2012. Maple neck, with baked maple fretboard. Great guitar. I couldn't make it work appearance-wise for my non-rock gigs, so it never got played out. I also got a 60's Tribute LP this year, another great guitar, and it works for any gig, when I'm not slinging a tele.

JaanQ

PS - customs is becoming an issue with instrument shipping. I've seen other threads on other forums from regular users who are now experiencing problems. Might be CITES cracking down, might be tariff fall out, who knows?
I'm Portuguese and I know a guy who used to import Portuguese guitars but had to stop because of CITES. Alas.