The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
LilyPix
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 41
  1. #1
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,583

    NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    I'm in love... again

    I have one of these already but saw this one and couldn't let it go. Now these are the only les pauls I have! kind of funny... Works of playable art. This one is just perfect to me... and I love the braz board. To me a les paul just looks right with a dark braz board.

    Just as lovely as can be! wife is home so I couldn't really play it loud enough but from what I could play thru my Mercury V even with the attenuator its really special

    "its too loud"

    don't they know with the attenuator on that you can't say that?

    anyhow

    I encourage any of you who have a shot at one to do your best to get one. Or two if you are a greedy hoarder like me.

    I am now down to just a few guitars. I feel absolutely no GAS right now.... I wonder how long that will last.







    http://

  2. #2
    Les Paul Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Bordeaux, France
    Posts
    61

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Beautiful. Congrats for this beauty.
    Action seems super low in an extreme way though.

  3. #3
    Les Paul Forum Member marshall1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Feuding With "Devil Anse" Hatfield on the Tug Fork
    Posts
    2,675

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Nice!

    I like the neck and Brazilian rosewood fingerboard. That's the hardest part of a replica Les Paul to get right. A great Les Paul will have a buttery smooth neck that just begs to be played.
    "Scan not a friend under a microscopic glass; you know his faults so let his foibles pass".

    Sir Frank Crisp
    Friar Park
    London, England

  4. #4
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,583

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Quote Originally Posted by marshall1987 View Post
    Nice!

    I like the neck and Brazilian rosewood fingerboard. That's the hardest part of a replica Les Paul to get right. A great Les Paul will have a buttery smooth neck that just begs to be played.
    thanks man!


  5. #5
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,583

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Quote Originally Posted by barman View Post
    Beautiful. Congrats for this beauty.
    Action seems super low in an extreme way though.
    I did need to give a little more neck relief on it by loosening the truss rod--- maybe the trip from texas to here

    I do like low action-- its pretty good now.

    I like it just past buzzing but high enough that I can bend and its pretty damn good now

  6. #6
    Les Paul Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Bordeaux, France
    Posts
    61

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Quote Originally Posted by Pellman73 View Post
    I did need to give a little more neck relief on it by loosening the truss rod--- maybe the trip from texas to here

    I do like low action-- its pretty good now.

    I like it just past buzzing but high enough that I can bend and its pretty damn good now
    Enjoy.

  7. #7
    Les Paul Forum Member Mini Forklift Ⓥ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    51

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Phwoar! I have only ever heard good things about these guitars, I am envious of you. You realise that two is borderline greedy

  8. #8
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,583

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Quote Originally Posted by Mini Forklift Ⓥ View Post
    Phwoar! I have only ever heard good things about these guitars, I am envious of you. You realise that two is borderline greedy
    its very greedy!

    Oh and I weighed her last night— 8lbs 2oz !

    And if you held one in your hands and played one you’d see what I mean

    Have you ever seen the thread he did on his build?

    http://www.tdpri.com/threads/1959-le...-build.194271/

    pretty amazing.....

  9. #9
    Les Paul Forum Member AA00475Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Some place between bad wood & good wood
    Posts
    1,695

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Nice Peter !!
    Ive never confused owning a bunch of high end gear with being some kind of a guitar player I'm a hack and I love guitars

  10. #10
    Les Paul Forum Member Mars Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Region
    Posts
    1,772

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Beautiful guitar! My GY is the closest thing to having a real Burst that I'll ever get.
    "What's that man movin' cross the stage?
    It looks a lot like the one used by Jimmy Page..." Paul McCartney

  11. #11
    Les Paul Forum Member deytookerjaabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    967

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Congrats, that's extra fancy!

  12. #12

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Stunning! I like his original quasi Les Paul design quite a lot too.
    You don't have to answer, but his replicas say Yaron on the headstock right? I'm just wondering I'm not looking to start any trouble.

  13. #13
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,583

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Quote Originally Posted by RocknRollShakeUp View Post
    Stunning! I like his original quasi Les Paul design quite a lot too.
    You don't have to answer, but his replicas say Yaron on the headstock right? I'm just wondering I'm not looking to start any trouble.
    this is what they look like!!

    One of the great parts of the whole deal... kind of a briliant wink

    one thing I like is that it at least takes away the whole "replica" thing... this cannot be sold as a real burst. just a burst style guitar.....

    note the smooth top of the headstock and no "scrolls"

    Last edited by Pellman73; 11-02-18 at 05:11 AM.

  14. #14
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,583

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Quote Originally Posted by RocknRollShakeUp View Post
    Stunning! I like his original quasi Les Paul design quite a lot too.
    You don't have to answer, but his replicas say Yaron on the headstock right? I'm just wondering I'm not looking to start any trouble.
    yes actually his "Bone" is really intriguing. I think I'm going to try and get one in the next few years.

    He has his own pickups and he does a chambered body that is filled with a light wood so they are super light and I don't think sound like anything else

    and I might add he is an extremely nice person. I believe he is now based in arizona.

    my first Gil had something wrong w the pup-- I sent it to him and he fixed it. He answers emails very quickly and is very approachable.

    the quality of this instrument is really so superb its really something

  15. #15
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,583

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Hall View Post
    Beautiful guitar! My GY is the closest thing to having a real Burst that I'll ever get.

  16. #16
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,583

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Quote Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
    Congrats, that's extra fancy!
    ha- thanks deytook

  17. #17

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Gratz. I saw this one on gbase and not end up pulling the trigger since I just got my Yaron broadcaster and ES-335 last week.

    How this one compared with your first one?

  18. #18
    Les Paul Forum Member renderit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,900

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Hate you again bro! Throw it to me when you tire of it. It is SUPER UGLY by the way.


  19. #19
    Les Paul Forum Co-Owner Tom Wittrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Lost in the Ozarks [again]
    Posts
    41,230

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Quote Originally Posted by Pellman73 View Post
    this is what they look like!!

    One of the great parts of the whole deal... kind of a briliant wink

    one thing I like is that it at least takes away the whole "replica" thing... this cannot be sold as a real burst. just a burst style guitar.....

    note the smooth top of the headstock and no "scrolls"

    I wonder if he will get a "cease and desist" message from the Les Paul estate, like we got [for using that font]?
    Pauls to the walls!

    Hüter der Flammen!

    PLEASE SUPPORT www.burstserial.com !!
    Click here: www.burstserial.com

  20. #20
    Les Paul Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,496

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Quote Originally Posted by Pellman73 View Post
    yes actually his "Bone" is really intriguing. I think I'm going to try and get one in the next few years.

    He has his own pickups and he does a chambered body that is filled with a light wood so they are super light and I don't think sound like anything else

    and I might add he is an extremely nice person. I believe he is now based in arizona.

    my first Gil had something wrong w the pup-- I sent it to him and he fixed it. He answers emails very quickly and is very approachable.

    the quality of this instrument is really so superb its really something
    Gibson did that lighter wood core thing on the LP Lite models from some years ago, they had a "Chromyte" center wood, which turned out to be Balsa. Those guitars kind of flopped, but I think the idea is good. Gibson loves to make up their own names for wood, Chromyte for balsa, Korina for African Limba (that name actually stuck). I think it's better than an empty chamber in the body.
    Al

  21. #21
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,583

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Quote Originally Posted by jimeh77 View Post
    Gratz. I saw this one on gbase and not end up pulling the trigger since I just got my Yaron broadcaster and ES-335 last week.

    How this one compared with your first one?
    you got a Yaron broadcaster AND a 335 last week? I saw one of the 335's up somewhere

    please tell me about those!! man the 335s must be really rare no?

    So right now I don't have the other one to A/B as I did something really dumb and tried to repair a ding I made in in it.

    From what I can tell its very similar in sound and the feel to play (the neck profile on these is just exactly what I like. I think the 1st fret is just a shade under .9 and the shoulders are just right.

    cosmetically I think the back is a little lighter on this one and while this is more of an ice tea the other is a dirty lemon. Together they make a nice arnold palmer!

  22. #22
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,583

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wittrock View Post
    I wonder if he will get a "cease and desist" message from the Les Paul estate, like we got [for using that font]?
    hey tom-

    I'd imagine so if he was still making these. It was a pretty short run back in 2010-12 and I'm fairly certain he doesn't do em any more.

  23. #23
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,583

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Quote Originally Posted by renderit View Post
    Hate you again bro! Throw it to me when you tire of it. It is SUPER UGLY by the way.
    haha---yea I can barely stand to look at it. a real eyesore!

    Its got that dishy thing going on too....


  24. #24
    Les Paul Forum Member Daytripper67's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    SW Ok
    Posts
    113

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Congrats She is a beauty.

  25. #25
    Les Paul Forum Member renderit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,900

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Quote Originally Posted by Pellman73 View Post
    haha---yea I can barely stand to look at it. a real eyesore!

    Its got that dishy thing going on too....

    WA??? THE TOP IS BROKE! IT IS WARPED! Must be sent to me immediately for destroying! I NEVER!


  26. #26

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Quote Originally Posted by Pellman73 View Post
    this is what they look like!!

    One of the great parts of the whole deal... kind of a briliant wink

    one thing I like is that it at least takes away the whole "replica" thing... this cannot be sold as a real burst. just a burst style guitar.....

    note the smooth top of the headstock and no "scrolls"

    Love it, it looks great.

  27. #27

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Quote Originally Posted by Pellman73 View Post
    yes actually his "Bone" is really intriguing. I think I'm going to try and get one in the next few years.

    He has his own pickups and he does a chambered body that is filled with a light wood so they are super light and I don't think sound like anything else

    and I might add he is an extremely nice person. I believe he is now based in arizona.

    my first Gil had something wrong w the pup-- I sent it to him and he fixed it. He answers emails very quickly and is very approachable.

    the quality of this instrument is really so superb its really something
    That's good to know about his good customer service!

    I think the Bone is filled with Paulownia wood or Empress wood as it is also called. If it is Paulownia/Empress I think he's brilliant to do that. I actually have a very light G&L made out of Empress wood and I love it. Very light and it sounds fantastic. So yeah the whole mahogany shell with paulownia wood inside is really intriguing!

    Oh wait, check this out:


    Anyway, congratulations on your Yaron Les Paul, amazing! And...man oh man...that Bone is also giving me a major Boner!

  28. #28
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,583

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Quote Originally Posted by RocknRollShakeUp View Post
    That's good to know about his good customer service!

    I think the Bone is filled with Paulownia wood or Empress wood as it is also called. If it is Paulownia/Empress I think he's brilliant to do that. I actually have a very light G&L made out of Empress wood and I love it. Very light and it sounds fantastic. So yeah the whole mahogany shell with paulownia wood inside is really intriguing!

    Oh wait, check this out:


    Anyway, congratulations on your Yaron Les Paul, amazing! And...man oh man...that Bone is also giving me a major Boner!
    yes I've seen that one-- really cool video-- yes my understanding is its paulownia

    those air gap pickups are really intriguing too.

    and thank you!

  29. #29
    Les Paul Forum Member AA00475Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Some place between bad wood & good wood
    Posts
    1,695

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    [IMG][/IMG] Heres some Gibson Chromyte She's ultra light !
    Ive never confused owning a bunch of high end gear with being some kind of a guitar player I'm a hack and I love guitars

  30. #30
    Les Paul Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,496

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Quote Originally Posted by AA00475Bassman View Post
    [IMG][/IMG] Heres some Gibson Chromyte She's ultra light !
    You mean that's one of the "lite" series guitars with the balsa ("Chromyte") cores?. I thought they only did it to LP's.
    Al

  31. #31

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Lovely! Congrats, HNGD and play her in good health!
    Midnight Blues

  32. #32
    Les Paul Forum Member AA00475Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Some place between bad wood & good wood
    Posts
    1,695

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Quote Originally Posted by zombiwoof View Post
    You mean that's one of the "lite" series guitars with the balsa ("Chromyte") cores?. I thought they only did it to LP's.
    Al
    This was Henry's brain storm , figured maple top ,sides ,back maple neck ebony board balsa core ,
    Ive never confused owning a bunch of high end gear with being some kind of a guitar player I'm a hack and I love guitars

  33. #33

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Now henry might as well go to japan and work for ibanez electronics.

    Quote Originally Posted by AA00475Bassman View Post
    This was Henry's brain storm , figured maple top ,sides ,back maple neck ebony board balsa core ,

  34. #34
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,583

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blues View Post
    Lovely! Congrats, HNGD and play her in good health!
    Thank you!

  35. #35
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,583

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Ok I just got to really play it-- wife not in house

    I've got a Carr Mercury V that I just love and was playing thru that

    I do believe its the best les paul type guitar I've every played and maybe the best guitar I've ever played.

    It sounds incredible in all three positions

    the "hotness" of both pickups is just great-- just the right amount I think

    the bridge is just angry enough but not harsh. but you can definitely melt faces if you want to. its happy at 7 and angry enough-- but go to 10 and you'll be in a range where there is some feedback but pinch harmonics and all that billy gibbons stuff is there (if you are him I guess!)

    the neck is Duane solo blue sky--- (I think thats neck no?)

    the sustain is incredible, the feel of the neck and every thing

    I felt like a freakin rock star with it.

    I think it might be better than the other one... but I need to get that other one back to tell for sure.

    man I'm just kind of gobsmacked by it

  36. #36

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Mine got more bassy and airy on neck pickup compared to my CCs. I wonder if you experience the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pellman73 View Post
    Ok I just got to really play it-- wife not in house

    I've got a Carr Mercury V that I just love and was playing thru that

    I do believe its the best les paul type guitar I've every played and maybe the best guitar I've ever played.

    It sounds incredible in all three positions

    the "hotness" of both pickups is just great-- just the right amount I think

    the bridge is just angry enough but not harsh. but you can definitely melt faces if you want to. its happy at 7 and angry enough-- but go to 10 and you'll be in a range where there is some feedback but pinch harmonics and all that billy gibbons stuff is there (if you are him I guess!)

    the neck is Duane solo blue sky--- (I think thats neck no?)

    the sustain is incredible, the feel of the neck and every thing

    I felt like a freakin rock star with it.

    I think it might be better than the other one... but I need to get that other one back to tell for sure.

    man I'm just kind of gobsmacked by it

  37. #37
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,583

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Quote Originally Posted by jimeh77 View Post
    Mine got more bassy and airy on neck pickup compared to my CCs. I wonder if you experience the same.
    Yes I’d say so— less compressed?

    I love the neck. I could live there

  38. #38
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,583

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    this is one bloomy, sparkly, technicolor (if sounds were colors) live ass guitar

    I feel a little bit like I just bought a ferrari and I don't know how to drive well enough to handle it

    or I just jumped on Secretariat or some shit

    I feel like waynes world bowing to it that I'm not worthy

    I'm actually a little intimidated by it as weird as that sounds

    Its a bit like cheating. everything sounds good.

  39. #39
    Les Paul Forum Member corpse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cumming, GA
    Posts
    3,369

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Just try to keep up

  40. #40
    Les Paul Forum Member CBRmatt600's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    243

    Re: NGD Gil Yaron Burst

    Man. That is purdy. Dude does beautiful work!
    1953 Les Paul Custom
    1957 Les Paul Junior
    Way too many others to list...
    Follow my repairs and custom builds: http://instagram.com/mrbankercustom

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Scroll Down And Click On All Of Our Sponsors' Logos For Their Websites!






i