• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New Jimmy Page telecaster from Fender

Red Baron

I remember reading in The Tone Quest Report (I think) way back that they thought Page used the Tele on SIBLY (studio version -Zeppelin III) Apparently, if you listen closely with headphones, you may be able to hear single coil hum. I was too lazy to verify the claim...:)
Sounds plausible, I guess.

I've always thought that Page used a Tele on SIBLY, I can hear that typical Tele bridge pickup 'shrieky' (for lack of a better word) compression. But still its very easy to confuse a Tele for a Les Paul.

J T

The Dragon Tele is on display at the Met (NYC) exhibit if you want to see it up close.

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
The Dragon Tele is on display at the Met (NYC) exhibit if you want to see it up close.

And you can buy a copy in the gift shop for $1299. I was there on Monday and am working up an article on the show, which should be online in a few days. Definitely recommended, but I wish the lighting was a little brighter. You're not allowed to use flash, so it makes photography a bit of a challenge.

jwalker

Les Paul Forum Sponsor
My Jimmy Page Mirror Telecaster arrived! I like it! Watch the video of the unboxing and a bit of jamming.

Triburst

I hear the "Dragon" version ships next week.

Can't wait to hear the reviews.