• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

What instrument cable are you using?

pedalmetal

Overhauling my 'mundane' gear like picks, cables, capo etc. I've always had a hodge-podge of old stuff and it's time to buy some new guitar cables. I've been doing a little reading on the most recommended cables, I know nearly everyone is gonna have a different opinion but let's see if a trend emerges :) Also I'm not interested in building my own, so let me know what ready-to-go guitar cables you've been very pleased with in terms of reliability, shielding, warranty, and so forth.

Last edited:

garywright

'20 Mogami 2524 and two Lava coils '20 & '35 ...you'd be amazed at how having a small variety of straight and coils in different lenghts can change your tone

Last edited:

renderit

Mostly Mogami of various lengths. 'Cept my pedal board. George L's there.

LtKojak

I make my own cables. I'm in Europe, so that's what I use:

Cable: Klotz instrument cable 75 pF/m capacitance
Plugs: Neutrik

It doesn't get better than that... for the cost and availability.

Vovox cables are the absolute best but they're a bit too expensive for my taste.

El Gringo

I make my own cables. I'm in Europe, so that's what I use:

Cable: Klotz instrument cable 75 pF/m capacitance
Plugs: Neutrik

It doesn't get better than that... for the cost and availability.

Vovox cables are the absolute best but they're a bit too expensive for my taste.

Neutrik plugs are good stuff .

fender69

D'Addario American Stage. Not the fanciest but, as a working musician, they are tough & reliable. Would love to try Asterope but until the gigs get better...

fakejake

I just bought 4 beautiful cables from this company, Toaster Cables. handmade in Switzerland. They are ridiculously expensive, but man they are so beautiful and well made. I love them!

NeuIMG6298.jpg

NeuIMG63062.jpg

RJLII

I Make my own. ProCo 120SX Musicmover cable. Switchcraft jacks. Weller Soldering Iron. I bought 100' of cable and an assortment of jacks years ago. They're pretty durable.

barman

Anything of honnest, decent quality will do. I have expensive cables (Gibson branded), and cheaper alternatives (Klotz, Sommer Cable, Planet waves). They all sound good enough for me. I use quite short length cables too (3 meters or less).
I stay away from the "Yellow cable" brand you can find in Europe, that's about it.

Edit: Oh and Monster cables, I definitely stay away from. Had one die on me during a gig, it was 6 months old. Never again. Expensive but not reliable at all.
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="moz-extension://33f08a5d-9387-4055-834c-e947220f211a/skin/s3gt_tooltip_mini.css"><style type="text/css" media="print">#s3gt_translate_tooltip_mini { display: none !importan</style>

Last edited:

Monroe

From guitar: 18 ft Mogami w/ Neutrik ends
If I am using effects, the board and the cables from board to the amps is all George L's.

thejaf

Short sparkly Gibson one that came with my CR8 for at home use. An old 25-ft Spectraflex I've had sine 1990 for stage; it's indestructible and very quiet.

Dave P

At home I just use a Vox coily cord, replaced the ends with Neutrik

BIG Dave

George L 225. Not very flexible, but I like the way they sound.

musekatcher

I use a mix, but I've been purchasing replacements from Fender and Peavey. I've had one of each fail, the Fender was repairable, the Peavey was not. I'm pretty easy on cables, so its a little disappointing when a cable fails.

J T

Neutrik plugs are good stuff .

All of the Neutrik 1/4" have broken on me. All of them. The plastic just doesn't hold up.

Switchcraft are the ones I make my cables with.