• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1961 SG Les Paul Junior replica pickguard?

fernieite

Hi Guys,
I've got a lead on a 1961 Les Paul Junior (SG body)
The owner bought it in 1968 and threw the warped pickguard away in 1970.
Who do you recommend that sells an authentic replacement pickguard? It has 8 holes. Also, the screws are missing.
Thanks! :peace2

latestarter

MojoAxe is your guy!

He made one for my '63 (7 hole) and '64 (8 hole) and they're perfect. Right material. right bevel, perfect aging. Well worth every penny. I've had maybe half a dozen guards made by them.

garywright

+1 for mojoaxe ..Dan does excellent work ..btw, shouldnt a '61 be a seven hole

fernieite

I think some came with 7 holes and others with 8 in 1961. I may have even seen some 62's with 7 holes as well. Maybe they just grabbed what was in the box? :laugh2:

renderit

MojoAxe is your guy!

He made one for my '63 (7 hole) and '64 (8 hole) and they're perfect. Right material. right bevel, perfect aging. Well worth every penny. I've had maybe half a dozen guards made by them.

He also did this WONDERFUL reproduction signature Long-guard for the Black Widow! That signature is cut right in.
Sorry for the craptastic pic...

43895562040_7c224c6d30_k.jpg

Bruce R

Renderit, that is a spectacular guitar. A Standard with gold hardware and wraparound tailpiece! Is it a one-off from Gibson?

Many moons ago, pre-Jeff Beck Oxblood, I had this one and let it get away:

6NK9yPb.jpg
[/IMG]

renderit

Renderit, that is a spectacular guitar. A Standard with gold hardware and wraparound tailpiece! Is it a one-off from Gibson?

Many moons ago, pre-Jeff Beck Oxblood, I had this one and let it get away:

6NK9yPb.jpg
[/IMG]

Yes, Kinda. I had it built. A 55. I would love to get my hands on a Beck Ox. Just never happened. SO I had a copy of E.D. "Wee Willy" Johnson's guitar made.