• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Just love this 64 Junior, any one else with a sticky neck?

Hotshot

I’ll bet it’s because people simply don’t know. Most people in store also have no idea about owning an old used Instrument. I asked the same question and was met with the same answers. I live about 40min from the only place that sells it, plus it’s $16 ea here in Canadia. So I took both. I went to YouTube and was super happy I got the cleaner. The polish is great for clean or slightly dirty guitar. The cleaner is what you need for our issues. It’s like braso for nitro. Lol.

Again, watch a movie while you do it.

In my biz, if you don’t know about something, you say.. “ I don’t know, let’s look it up “

Bruce R

I, too, recently bought and used the Virtuoso Cleaner & Polish on my R8 and Custom. I hoped it would get rid of the gunk on my R8 and it worked perfectly. I love what it did to the finish of my Custom and they are all much easier to wipe clean and shine than before. Great product!

renderit

WOW!

It TOTALLY did not work worth a damn!

I waited and waited for my Virtuoso CLEANER to arrive. Finally Friday it gets here. So yesterday I sit in front of the footsballs on the tube and rub and rub and rub. I shook the bottle for like 5 minutes very vigorously. Rubbed and rubbed and rubbed some more. Nada.

Is this crap supposed to be medium brown and pretty runny? Total crap product by my estimation, only added to the film on my guitar!

Old bottle?

THEN I remember what
BIG AL said.

Pulled out the can of Naptha.

Went at the guitar for 5 minutes.

PERFECT.

And a chit load cheaper.

Hotshot

Must be the gunk you have on it Ren. I was totally the opposite. Yup, brown n runny. I rubbed a ton of NAPTA on mine and nothing happened.. And you saw the 62 Harmony i re did.. Same deal on NAPTA, that is my go to. But nothing. That guitar I had to sand whole with 1500 to get the crud off. Then Pedestal buff.

I used the Brown Cleaner like you have on my neck and its bang on perfect. Shiney, and hard no gunk. I was gonna do a follow up saying that in 2 weeks of heavy playing the cleaner did its thing.

Don't give up. Something will take it off. If your Nitro is hard on the body, its hard on the neck under what ever DNA is ontop or in.

Now, the guy told me, and folks on here that it will get worse before it gets better. And that was true for moi.

Ill do a little video and post it on here.. I put it on my 79 LP and it cleaned it up nice too. Again, worse first.

Let us know.

renderit

It's done. With the Naptha. I'm gonna stick a nail down in the Virtuoso Cleaner and see if all the particulate mass is accumulated in the bottle bottom. You never know how long this chit sat on the shelf before you buy it. Could be it was made in the 30's...

renderit

So no more sticky?

Not on the guitar anyway.

36384282701_e66518aa98.jpg