• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Faye and Spot

corpse

Big softie.
I just had a guitar built and I put my mother's name on the jack plate. She was very happy.
Didn't offer to pay- but flattered.

El Gringo

Faye was named after my mother, who passed away around the time I acquired her.:jim
I think that is beautiful and I really love Guitars that have names , it just makes them more personal and rich in there history . Beautiful Les Paul ,both of them .

agogetr

It my opinion, it does.
But, I've never done this so I am going by the common sense that removing the shielding [the covers] has to change the tone. But that change could be so minor that your ears may not hear it.
I doubt I could tell.

seems like i heard one time a trick used to be snipping off the screws on the underside of the pickups for more highs?
i bought a paf guitar from an old rocker he used to hang with derringer, winters etc. he had peices of foam like grey roadcase foam glued to the bottoms of the paf pickups? i forgot to ask him why

c_wester

Tom, I am sitting here spinning vinyl drinking Whiskey.
Can I not ask what everybody else thinks?

Please put up some clips of these guitars being played like nobodyes bussiness.
Good or bad player.

Now, more Mike Nesmith and the first national band.