• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1980 Les Paul Firebrand neck profile... what's a close match?

E-TYpe

I have a Tele partscaster with a neck that I hate (long story). I have recently bought a 1980 Les Paul Firebrand with a neck I love -- so I am thinking I should try to match it. THe Firebrand neck seems to have a bit more shoulder than a Fender medium C neck, but it's not a D shape either (I have a friend with an SG that has a decidedly D shape neck and I don't like it at all). It is 0.81" at the first fret (0.95" at the 12th). If I want to match it with for my Tele, any thoughts? It seems to be somewhere between a Musikraft thin C and the CS-2.

Or maybe I am wrong and the Firebrand is more C-shaped than I think. My Tele neck is C shaped, but 0.87" at the first fret (1.01" at the 12th) which is so large it is hard to compare.

https://musikraft.com/cmspage.php?page_id=33

El Gringo

I have a Tele partscaster with a neck that I hate (long story). I have recently bought a 1980 Les Paul Firebrand with a neck I love -- so I am thinking I should try to match it. THe Firebrand neck seems to have a bit more shoulder than a Fender medium C neck, but it's not a D shape either (I have a friend with an SG that has a decidedly D shape neck and I don't like it at all). It is 0.81" at the first fret (0.95" at the 12th). If I want to match it with for my Tele, any thoughts? It seems to be somewhere between a Musikraft thin C and the CS-2.

Or maybe I am wrong and the Firebrand is more C-shaped than I think. My Tele neck is C shaped, but 0.87" at the first fret (1.01" at the 12th) which is so large it is hard to compare.

https://musikraft.com/cmspage.php?page_id=33
I could be wrong , but based on what you posted I think that neck size is more like a C shape than a D . I have a D shaped neck on a Les Paul and it is huge .

E-TYpe

I could be wrong , but based on what you posted I think that neck size is more like a C shape than a D . I have a D shaped neck on a Les Paul and it is huge .

THanks for the thoughts! I am sort of leaning that way.