• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Educate me on Blackberry Smoke

grimlyflick

Title says it all, they have some great tones and some cool gear.

Someone point me in the direction of where to start in their back catalogue or maybe the live CD 1st?
Cheers!!!
:salude

corpse

Local Atl band made good. Came up with the Robinsons and Warren Haynes. The singer Charlie Starr is a very charismatic front man- melodic songs. he loves LP Jr's and plays killer slide. They still toss is some covers. One of my favorites is them doing Faeries Wear Boots. Great show- dedicated fan base in the SE.
Matt Hughes/Banker introduced me to Charlie at his house a couple of years ago- thanks Matt. And thanks Rev WillieVK for lending me the reason for the get together.

MeHereNow

Exellent Band and great guys!
They've been around for quite some time.
Saw them live 2 times now and they delivered both times, last time was in 2017 Melkweg Amsterdam.
They dedicated the whole show to Chuck berry who just passed days before.
I really dig Charlie's staccato soloing style, and his slide playing is exellent too.
The rest of the band ain't no slouch either!
Tight, groovin and with that unmistakable southern "something".

Keefoman

At least "The Whippoorville" and the live album "Leave a Scar: Live in North Carolina" are must haves!

SpencerD

I'm not sure if they are still doing this live rig thing they did for many years.

Richard Turner,the bass guitar player had two full SVT stacks. One of them was facing across the stage,from stage left mostly! -- That's a bass monitor you can hear -:hee

Great guys,great band.

Road dogs from hell -:dude::yah:peace2

Last edited:

Steve Craw

Formerly Lefty Elmo
I've seen them twice. Last time was in an 800 person club here in May. The first two cd's are my favorites, and the live cd "Leave A Scar" is awesome!

grimlyflick

Thanks all, have made a start with Leave A Scar, liking what I hear so far.
:salude

SpencerD

So yeah....just for kicks right?

Didja notice that the gear in between Charlie and Mrs. Isbell has been blurred out? I did. Pixelated and destroyed --- that shit doesn't exist !!!!!

What's up with that? It really does exist.

I know what it is -:dude:

bsteff666

Great band.

Charlie is a hell of a guitar player/song writer front man & a hell of a nice guy too.

I would start with Little Piece of Dixie. That was kind of the breakthrough record. I would get The Whippoorwill too.
If you like those...you will probably want to get all the other ones too.