• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2013 Epiphone Explorer Pro, TV silver finish

barman

Hi guys, let me present you this beautiful gitfiddle I got last July.
As the title says it's a 2013 Epiphone Explorer Pro in TV Silver finish, of which 1000 have been made, according to Epiphone.
I love this guitar, first for its looks of course, but man this baby sings. I'm very impressed by the quality of the finish, the binding, the stock pickups, which are Alnico Classic Pro.
I dig the possibility to split them too although I don't use that feature too much.
The body seems to be made of three pieces. Overall the guitar is fairly light and resonnant.
Only downside is that the poly finish is quite thick, but I'll live with it.
I didn't like the stock bridge because of bad rattle from the retention wire. I put a Gotoh bridge with titanium saddles instead.
The nut had problems too, the slots weren't cut at the exact same depth accross the strings. My luthier took care of that.

I must say the neck is the biggest, largest I have ever seen on any electric guitar. Bigger than any Les Paul neck, bigger than 52' Telecaster necks.
I love it but I can understand it would be a no-no for some people.

explorer%204_zpsljagadot.jpg

explorer_zpsivq1hvgh.jpg

explorer%202_zps8vcorml8.jpg

explorer%203_zpsiaonyyhr.jpg

cincyguitar

Thats a cool collection you have there dude....I always wanted an Explorer too...but prices are going up...:dude: