• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD -- ES-339 Sunset Burst

NewStrings

Just bought it yesterday and WOW, what a beast!! 2016 ES-339 Sunset Burst. Here are a few cellphone pics I just took. It is used, but you would never know it - the plastic is still on the pickguard. Wil need to do a minor set up, I am noticing that the G string is flat and doesn't resonate like the others. I did change strings, 10-46's which is what it is spec'd for. Just needs a bit of tweaking.

BurstWurst

Neck pickup surround (ring) reminds me of the way my 339 came to me. Turn it 180 degrees and it'll sit square with the strings. Not sure why they shipped like that.After a little work (OX4s and an RS harness) my 339 is a monster. Nice NGD, enjoy!

NewStrings

Neck pickup surround (ring) reminds me of the way my 339 came to me. Turn it 180 degrees and it'll sit square with the strings. Not sure why they shipped like that.After a little work (OX4s and an RS harness) my 339 is a monster. Nice NGD, enjoy!

Thanks for tt BurstWurst!! I really found it looked weird before, never understood why they did them that way. I changed mine tonight and it looks and sounds better. Here are a couple of "after" pic:

renderit

Same with mine and Wizz. Very meh before. Now....they REALLY need to think about the pickups they are putting in these. They would sell like hotcakes with better hardware/harnesses.

AA00475Bassman

You can fire your arrows, I must say this is nothing new I have always rotated my neck pickup ring 180 on my ES guitars , IMO sounds better in the middle position !

BurstWurst

Same with mine and Wizz. Very meh before. Now....they REALLY need to think about the pickups they are putting in these. They would sell like hotcakes with better hardware/harnesses.
Mine was so "meh" that I gave up on it and sold it. It got a second chance when the fellow I sold it to offered it back to me at about $300 less that he paid me for it, a few years later. Figured that with that "savings" it was worth a little investment. Low wind OX4s, an RS vintage style 335 wiring harness and knocking the tall frets down to nearly half the original height turned it into a seriously great guitar.