• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

ebay firebird pickguard opinions

garywright

AA00475Bassman

I bought two drilled I think they were from this seller , one went on a historic and the other on a USA they both fit fine .

garywright

thanks for the reply ..I was worried that these were possibly drilled for an Epi ..do you think the fb emblem can be removed without a trace

AA00475Bassman

Mine is just painted , I do believe you will see a interruption if you remove paint . You might have to buff entire guard .

garywright

ok, thanks ..I'm gonna order one now and keep my fingers crossed that its the same seller/guard ...buffing the entire guard is no problem

El Gringo

Out of curiosity why would you want to remove the Firebird logo ?

garywright

i simply prefer the look ..not that it matters but the earliest '63s didnt have one
i'll keep the original historic guard stored away and mod the one thats in route now

El Gringo

i simply prefer the look ..not that it matters but the earliest '63s didnt have one
i'll keep the original historic guard stored away and mod the one thats in route now
You are correct, a fact I had forgotten about .