• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Thoughts on this red korina Flying V?a

fred dons

it is special but i prefer my korina natural or amber, in this case they could have used a piece of mahogany instead. another thing which is slightly annoying is that they have the grain of the body incorrect, like they did in the 80 :(

garywright

lefbvqpar6tg7visixuc.jpg

AA00475Bassman

Has the correct neck joint whats not to like !

I don't see whats wrong with the grain ?

AtomEve

Les Paul Forum Member
Has the correct neck joint whats not to like !

I don't see whats wrong with the grain ?

The grain on this one runs parallel to the neck i.e. neck to bridge. Grain in the fifties ran pup to end of tail. The fact that korina was used here instead of makogany is what gives this one it's nice bright glow. Real light colored korina covered with a super light coat red and then nitro allows the color of the wood the give a real translucent pop. Trying to figure out if this is a "one off" or not. Absolutely remarkable!

Last edited:

AA00475Bassman

The grain on this one runs parallel to the neck i.e. neck to bridge. Grain in the fifties ran pup to end of tail. The fact that korina was used here instead of makogany is what gives this one it's nice bright glow. Real light colored korina covered with a super light coat red and then nitro allows the color of the wood the give a real translucent pop. Trying to figure out if this is a one offor not. Absolutely remarkable!
Thank you now I understand ,I really like the color !!!

Strings Jr.

it is special but i prefer my korina natural or amber, in this case they could have used a piece of mahogany instead. another thing which is slightly annoying is that they have the grain of the body incorrect, like they did in the 80 :(

I agree.

I think any 50's style korina V coming out of the Custom Shop should have the correct grain pattern.

This color with the correct grain pattern would be classic. :3zone

AtomEve

Les Paul Forum Member
Re: Thoughts on this red korina Flying V?

Full disclosure - I made them an offer and they accepted. I will post pics when she arrives! This fiddle will look great under the Christmas tree! Christmas color match! :hank

6.9lbs - Custom Shop Korina V in Translucent Candy Apple red. :dude: What a unique and beautiful guitar! I have a 1959 Custom Shop reissue in the traditional natural so this will be a nice addition to the stable.

3083.3.jpg

3083.14.jpg

garywright

yeah put that beauty under your Christmas tree and call yourself one of the Wise Men :salude

El Gringo

I seen the listing for this one and she is a beauty . My compliments on you NGD ! I have read that Korina that had certain grain was then choosen to be painted in solid colors - black, Ivory , red and so on in the circa 1981-1983 run of the Gibson Heritage Korina series of flying V and Explorers .