• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1952 ES-5 Instruction Sheet!

Tim's Guitars

It's "new" guitar day at my place and my latest acquisition, a stunning 1952 ES-5, turned up today. I was going through the case and I came across this 5 page instruction document! I think I'm almost having more fun with this than the guitar! So ladies and gentleman please find below the instructions that came with the "guitar with a thousand voices"!!!!

Now just got to try all 14 tones!

p.s. I love how they suggest that the GA-50 should be at max volume :dude:

On and of course a quick pic of the guitar!!!

wmachine

Very interesting, thanks for posting. It is highly unusual to get a look at how Gibson evaluated all the knob combinations!

JimR56

Kranz-White-Team-NASA.jpg

:hmm

But seriously, that's pretty amazing. It almost looks like the original owner read those instructions, tried to figure them out, and then proceeded to put the guitar "under the bed"!! Man that thing looks clean, especially in 2018! I owned a very clean '53 ES5 (sunburst) almost 35 years ago, but I doubt it has survived this well. And a blond... wow. Would love to see more pics.

I think the quintessential instructions for the ES5 are right here:

orig-the-complete-recordings-of-t-bone-walker-1940-1954-9xlp-mosaic-box-set-ex_30789094