• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1969 Les Paul Goldtop without les Paul decal????

Mickzep

Hey guys,

I'm looking at purchasing a 1969 goldtop with a one piece body, mini himbuckers etc....however there is no les Paul logo on the headstock??? I'm baffled by this as I've never seen one like this before.

It actually only says 'Les Paul deluxe' on the truss rod cover.

Has anyone ever stumbled across one of these before?

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I don't recall a truss rod cover with Les Paul Deluxe written on it. :hmm
Got a photo of the truss rod cover?

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
It's possible (common) for the silkscreen to be polished off over time.

It's also possible that it was never there. If so, that would be a very rare variant.

toxpert

Silkscreen logo has worn away and truss rod cover is original.

Here’s a link to ongoing sale for another example of 1969 LP Deluxe with the same truss rod cover...and silkscreen logo intact.

1969-Gibson-Les-Paul-Deluxe-Goldtop-Original-Vintage-Electric-Guitar-wOHSC-253903294935-9.JPG

moonweasel

Hey guys,

I'm looking at purchasing a 1969 goldtop with a one piece body, mini himbuckers etc....however there is no les Paul logo on the headstock??? I'm baffled by this as I've never seen one like this before.

It actually only says 'Les Paul deluxe' on the truss rod cover.

Has anyone ever stumbled across one of these before?

Everyone covered this perfectly. Truss rod cover is a real, yet odd variant. And the silk screens do get polished off. :)

Analoga1p

I know this is an old thread but mine has no silkscreen script on the headstock. it is an original '69

Everyone covered this perfectly. Truss rod cover is a real, yet odd variant. And the silk screens do get polished off. :)