• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Lindsey Buckingham is suing Fleetwood Mac

Foggy72

(CNN) — Former Fleetwood Mac singer and guitarist Lindsey Buckingham is suing the band for making him go his own way.

In court documents obtained by CNN, Buckingham claims that he lost an estimated $12 million in upcoming tour proceeds after he was involuntarily expelled from Fleetwood Mac in January. He is suing Stevie Nicks, Christine McVie, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood for breach of fiduciary duty and breach of oral contract.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/12/entertainment/lindsey-buckingham-fleetwood-mac-lawsuit/index.html

zacknorton

Good luck.

Verbal contracts and assumptions aren’t the kind of foundation I’d want to take into court.

This just reeks of petty b.s. and ego injuries on his part .

Seems like he’s most pissed that he’s no longer calling the shots.

J T

I saw him in concert a few years back at the Westbury Theater in NY. Great concert. He is a great guitar player. Finger picking, alternate tuning, the works.

BUT

During one of his songs, he was really into a long solo and walking back and forth interacting with the crowd. Now he was plugged in, not wireless. As he made his way around to the section I was, he came around the stage monitors and went slowly back to the stage but stopped. His cord was caught on the monitor. He tugged a few times and it was really stuck. One more tug and his guitar went dead. Unplugged.

He realized what happened, turned pulled off his guitar, that hollow bodied one he uses, I forgot the name of it, took it by the neck, and smashed it, smashed it, and smashed it with pieces flying into the crowd. His guitar tech ran over and handed him another one.

Now he's got a temper. There it was.

I can really understand it at the time though, I think he really wanted to give us a good show.

zacknorton

I don’t think there’s anything more to “understand”

that is who he is.

The optics of his lawsuit against Fleetwood Mac tells us all we need to know.

It’s not like Uber talented douche bags are some sort of rarity.

ive never understood his fascination with “big love”. that song is embarrassingly bad. Intricate fingerpicking....impressive. But as a song it is transparently vapid.

jtees4

I'd say he has the right to sue, and who knows what promises were made to him. Sure an oral contract is harder to enforce, but at the same time, he could win if the other's don't have exactly the same story as each other. They will probably settle on something before it gets out of hand.

cincyguitar

He must have $millions anyway....no need to be a greedy A-hole...this ruins so many great bands !

SpencerD

BTW -- John McVie lives across the street from Buckingham.

No shit. :laugh2:

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Caught them playing a couple of songs on Ellen last week, looked like Mike Campbell had joined up with Neil Finn. Personally I'd rather watch either of those two over Buckingham.