• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Which wood would you wager it is!

Capt Brad

The guy spraying the antique (clear coat) noticed the dark grain below the bass side tailpiece stud (see post #8). Since the body is marked ANT NAT he is trained to check for any “abnormalities” in the top.
So he marked it and set it aside to be reviewed by QC and/or his Supervisor. To which they promptly replied, “It’s just a Studio. Run it.”

I like to call that a beauty mark! So I do I have a abnormal top studio made of ? Without the flame neck i would not give this guitar much attention.
I bought it on CL because I could see the PAF stickers. I was after the Shaw pups. When I saw the back of the neck I put it back in the case and paid for it!
I'll just say its a very well made and playing LPS no matter what wood it is. Any idea what the blue signature is in bridge cavity?
Thanks for all the replies!

Last edited:

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
44191099_2233953266841909_3654358561430962176_n.jpg

Maple cap? :hmm