• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

MF price drop '60 Std. Historic

tonechaser

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/gui...MI35bQ3ZyB3gIVio3ICh1ksA24EAkYASABEgLV4PD_BwE

The guitar I purchased (I know - it's not a burst!) has dropped several times in price. $6K to $5K to $4.3K to the new $3.6K. The retailer has helped with adjusting my sale price. Hats off to them, although the original mark up must be huge.

It's probably still a high price, but I really like the guitar, and there is some benefit to buying new (no wear, can return, and for me - absolutely knowing what the specifications are).

Funny that there is a used one out there for $5.4K (although the black over blue is more than the black over green? Mine looks blue??) and GC has a used one for $3.9K that hasn't moved yet. I think if I had to sell in a pinch I would be in the $3K range if I wanted it to sell quickly.

Glad I own a historic. Like the 2016 specifications. I hope Gibson can get a handle on their product line. I wish the naming of the models was better, and maybe they should move to picking your options on a custom made without killing us on price. That would be a tall task. Have to say hide glue, correct dyes, medium fret size, dark IRW, neck carve, and of course a light guitar being a '60 were all the features I wanted. If only a sunburst was the same price, but I'm okay with blackie. Looks cool.