• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NVGD 1968 Es-355

Barenik

Hallo everybody!
and sorry for my poor english.
So after looking for a thinline for quite a while I finally caved in yesterday and brought home this beauty.
It's a 1968 Es-355, in cherry red. Everything is original exept for the frets, that seems to be quite new.
It's a beast, sounds incredible, neck profile is rich, and the nut-width is wider then what you think a 68 could be. Really I tested a lot of late sixties and in the end I bought this one for this reason. i love its neck.
Yes and I love the sound. And I love the cherry red!!!

Do you like it?

I started to looking for a pickguard replacement (5 ply bound) and at the end I found the one at Fox-guitar so I wrote him three times but he never reply me. Maybe it's my english.
Does anybody have some suggestion where I can buy any replacement for my beuty?

Thank youuu!!

44357630965_dc473b9f71_o.jpg

44357630315_91def0c4c1_o.jpg

31395470608_3206e042a5_o.jpg

43455506890_a520c8ae1c_o.jpg

43455508440_9f48b2bfc9_o.jpg

30331232627_6ab605383c_o.jpg

31395469338_513c82b5ba_o.jpg

30331231367_95d57e56c3_o.jpg

Barenik

Really happy d'you like it.

Anybody has any suggestion about a good pickguard replacement?

reddeluxe

Do a google search for custom pickguards. There are many shops which will make a new replacement for your off gassing nitrate original. Three quick ones come to mind; Pickguardian, Mirabella Customs, and Quick Guards.

fakejake

Beautiful guitar! The only thing I'd change in addition to the pickguard would be reflector knobs. Otherwise: perfect!
(I like your photography work btw :salude)

neuroy

Where are you located ?

Do you want to keep the guitar in a condition as close to original ? Then I could repair the PG for you, using most of it´s parts. But it´s some work !
If you don´t mind originality, just buy one of those plastic repros. But : a totally different look and feel to old celluloid guards.
If it were my guitar, I´d go for a real celluloid guard.

BTW she´s beautiful !

reddeluxe

neuroy is correct. The cheap generic modern plastic pickguards will not look correct or be historically correct for your guitar. The ones I mentioned earlier will actually reuse the multi ply binding from your original when they fabricate your new replacement 'guard. They are not cheap, but a guitar as nice as yours deserves an original spec pickguard.

Barenik

neuroy is correct. The cheap generic modern plastic pickguards will not look correct or be historically correct for your guitar. The ones I mentioned earlier will actually reuse the multi ply binding from your original when they fabricate your new replacement 'guard. They are not cheap, but a guitar as nice as yours deserves an original spec pickguard.

So this is exactly what I mean when I wrote "5 ply bound": the original one.
I found the one sell by fox guitar, but I recently read about some bad experience.
I found the one built by pickguardian, but I wrote 3 times to pickguardian and nobody yet reply me.
I found the one built by Jack's instrument services in UK, but the tortoise looks not so similar to the original one. And he ask 160 GBP.
Dan of Mojoaxe can't help me, I did already write him.

I definitely don't want a generic 335-like pickguard. I'm sure about what I want, when I said I'd like a 355 guard.

If anybody has any idea, will be a good help for me.

Barenik

Where are you located ?

Do you want to keep the guitar in a condition as close to original ? Then I could repair the PG for you, using most of it´s parts. But it´s some work !
If you don´t mind originality, just buy one of those plastic repros. But : a totally different look and feel to old celluloid guards.
If it were my guitar, I´d go for a real celluloid guard.

BTW she´s beautiful !

Many thanks Neuroy for your offer, I'm in Italy.
I'd like to conserve the old original one in its shape, so I would not like it sacrifice oart of it for build another one.

reddeluxe

Mirabella Customs does excellent, accurate pickguard recreations. Used them before and can vouch for the quality.

OKGuitar

Pickguardian has done a couple of 355 guards for me and they are nearly indistinguishable from the real thing. Not cheap though.