• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Epiphone w open book headstock, "Les Paul" on truss rod cover, set neck and dot inlay

Woodhavens

Epiphone w open book headstock, "Les Paul" on truss rod cover, set neck and dot inlay

Is this the right subforum? I hope so. Have a look at these, please..
2Q==
9k=
Z
Z
9k=
Z

Can you help me identifying this Les Paul? I hope to get a serial this evening.

Woodhavens

Re: Epiphone w open book headstock, "Les Paul" on truss rod cover, set neck and dot i

My pictures disappeared..
$_86.JPG
$_86.JPG
$_86.JPG
$_86.JPG
$_86.JPG

cincyguitar

Re: Epiphone w open book headstock, "Les Paul" on truss rod cover, set neck and dot i

I hope it's not a Chibson...looks kinda fake to me....I wouldn't buy it...:dang

zombiwoof

Epi Japan guitars have the open book headstock, but there is something funky looking with that guitar.
Al

deytookerjaabs

It's legit, it's a samick made Epi, late 80's or very early 90's for that headstock. Might be a headstock repair on it too.

I bet if you remove the neck pickup you'll also see something else...*gasp* the long tenon! Hehe.

Woodhavens

Well, I did buy it. It is a 1988 Epi Les Paul allright. And indeed Something Samick since the bushings of the bridge are barely 72mm apart..

2Q==

What I want to know is, what does a long tenon looks like inside the space of the neck.
2Q==

Woodhavens

My pictures got lost. cannot remember how to post them. it is early

deytookerjaabs

Well, I did buy it. It is a 1988 Epi Les Paul allright. And indeed Something Samick since the bushings of the bridge are barely 72mm apart..

2Q==

What I want to know is, what does a long tenon looks like inside the space of the neck.
2Q==

You can see the bottom of the neck heel extending into the pickup cavity, google "Gibson Long Tenon" and you'll get tons of pics/info.

I'm not saying it does or doesn't but I know some of the Epi Les Pauls from that era most certainly did. But, I'm not sure what model yours is as it doesn't have binding and seems to have a thinner body so it might not be built like the regular model Les Paul from that period.

Woodhavens

A4CV3VBADXzRNbtrjUn-ixGb-GPzzi3IQxKzzPAw7RJhL6l_nZ3ommdAgdpvlSF7ax2jpLr9gH0qXIxsPtf5mqqdW9cvF6LPRAaSx-152zSsdulvXHwuhusHyaLoZr49DbarEzdQeQ4TWmXh6G5xF4Sz3v0pTMRZtXIVJTPfLOPpJUKXDznx19QI4fS_gp8auZmZ7tOIR5hp-IyM7OjGVyR3uwmNZRdPkMmdPuCVZurvR-yK689grbWJmGftk4SpoHKG461nIVc_-m_1T0Bh8ur9fYmp27b6UdrJDUkcYZMJ6xE7ZGauSx4E6QFyRmC-V7XixRFeUJ6B4QZOPeXyT2JHjzs_JfnsYYwfkhvMP84hNCOMoXZ9RUXCE1cPVlGkbenz6wO57n1o0DizCfWUaisOFv_4hMCMXFYCfblTTBrR4jSIcOBH6C9lN_N-kd9IHZb1bBq5UhOjUVzg31aHvSUN2e6gsSDaQzbU_DXuXi6xKJ77cJYLY5gCkq4SawrXmk-cUbWtWKG-8jZGq-qAc9Kx2LJjz3sYLtxl-9F9_37fucKiOhij_umo0DpCtLzSBDlniZLlxEqV7CdQ-vSFIXv7izQ1_oIcyTnR8_Xf-kRgnobRm_WHXAISaakgU2WaidWUATLDUFk-Cks12lFCVOuZAoTqw5Ngo0EMwX_HdDkHgemEcnCoYc5uH-VjBnTgKBzJ3xYMaGhlUSIQ5w=w1163-h654-no

Woodhavens

That's my neck pu cavity. I see some relief on the bottom.. but ehh, dunno.