The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
LilyPix
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite

Epiphone w open book headstock, "Les Paul" on truss rod cover, set neck and dot inlay

Is this the right subforum? I hope so. Have a look at these, please..

Can you help me identifying this Les Paul? I hope to get a serial this evening.

Re: Epiphone w open book headstock, "Les Paul" on truss rod cover, set neck and dot i

My pictures disappeared..

Les Paul Forum Member cincyguitar's Avatar

Re: Epiphone w open book headstock, "Les Paul" on truss rod cover, set neck and dot i

I hope it's not a Chibson...looks kinda fake to me....I wouldn't buy it...

Les Paul Forum Member

Epi Japan guitars have the open book headstock, but there is something funky looking with that guitar.
    Al

Les Paul Forum Member deytookerjaabs's Avatar

It's legit, it's a samick made Epi, late 80's or very early 90's for that headstock. Might be a headstock repair on it too.

I bet if you remove the neck pickup you'll also see something else...*gasp* the long tenon! Hehe.

Well, I did buy it. It is a 1988 Epi Les Paul allright. And indeed Something Samick since the bushings of the bridge are barely 72mm apart..

What I want to know is, what does a long tenon looks like inside the space of the neck.

My pictures got lost. cannot remember how to post them. it is early

Les Paul Forum Member deytookerjaabs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woodhavens View Post
    Well, I did buy it. It is a 1988 Epi Les Paul allright. And indeed Something Samick since the bushings of the bridge are barely 72mm apart..

What I want to know is, what does a long tenon looks like inside the space of the neck.