• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

FS: 2013 Gibson Custom Shop '59 Reissue Flying V

david.beason

I just made a major purchase and need to unload a few things to cover it, so you're going to be seeing quite a bit of me. :wave:

I got this V from @jeggz here on the forum a couple of years ago and it's a super resonant and light guitar. It plays and sounds great as well. I would like to keep this, but I just don't play a Flying V very often and like I said, I need to generate funds for the flattop I just got.

I was just getting ready to return it to all of its original parts, but I decided to leave it with all the upgrades for now in case you're into that. If not, I am more than happy to return it to mostly original (I no longer have the original pickup covers) and lower the price accordingly.

It's in great shape, with no notable wear. The only thing worth mentioning is that if you look closely, you can see where someone left the Custom Shop sticker (also included in the case and shows wear from being left on) on the pickguard and the part under where the stick was has aged/yellowed slightly less that the rest of the guard. It's not obvious, but you can see it if you look for it in person.

It's got a big fat neck, which I love, but if you're a super thin neck kind of person, you might want to think twice. Here are the thickness measurements:

• 1st fret: 0.905"
  • 7th fret: 0.968"
  • 12th fret: 1.004"

Weight is 6 lbs, 11 oz.

Here's a list of the upgraded parts:

• Aged gold Wizz pickup covers (originals are gone, but shown in the pics unless noted)
  • Montreux Time Machine top hat knobs (3) - (originals included as well)
  • Fake58 aged tuners with shrunken tips (originals included as well)
  • CreamTone vintage-spec aged thumbwheels
  • CreamTone M69 pickup rings (shorter originals included as well)

Sale also includes original Custom Shop hardshell case with COA and checklist.

Asking $3150 PP/shipped with only the pickup covers upgraded; $3450 with all the upgrades. I'm willing to do a la carte on the upgrades as well. Just send me a PM.
ConUS only. Not interested in trades, thanks.

*Shown with stock pickup covers (no longer available). See next post for pics of the Wizz covers.

AlACk8w.jpg

e4LDlBG.jpg

ETFEOYv.jpg

ydi4VWe.jpg

cBhET85.jpg

xhQzfBy.jpg

d0ASxOZ.jpg

NZbUdo2.jpg

jcFmL0v.jpg

uGC5DCC.jpg

david.beason

Here are a few cell phone shots that I just took to show the Wizz pickup covers as well as the case/candy.

pzaWt0u.jpg

dteJtPN.jpg

1JMHn9l.jpg

QqcbONT.jpg

PyfU520.jpg

r4DtaJG.jpg

YFNjCIZ.jpg