• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD!! 2019 Les Paul Junior DC Tribute

Tubes 'n Wood

Exactly zack! Some people hate the pick guards, but from the stand point of being easily modified I think I'll cut a pick guard out of tortoise shell material and set it up for a single humbucker too!?

grimlyflick

If only they did it in TV yellow, it would be crying out for a tortoise shell pick guard.

Tubes 'n Wood

Spencer, I'm liking it so far... think I'll love it when I'm used to the neck and the single pickup option. It's a much different neck than the '02 R8, and seems more different than I remember on my '00 Classic Plus (that had a 60s slim taper on it too)?!

SpencerD

That is a straight up rock and roll guitar. Very cool,enjoy! :dude::yah

Fretz86

Juniors are awesome. These new DCs are extra cool. Maybe the coolest in the new 2019 line in my opinion. Congrats!

PabloHarlem

I just played one of these at GC in Times Sq - great job Gibson, $799 for a rock machine. It's light, it's simple, it rocks!

It is a perfect simple guitar, I was very tempted.

DonRowe

What's not to like ! The pickguard has a 70's vibe . Rock it in good health ! :dude:

edselman

Sadly, I received mine Thursday and discovered that one of the tuning machines was dead on arrival. The internals are seriously mangled. Yet another example of the famous Gibson quality control. It also speaks poorly of the dealer’s so called inspection. The dealer will probably have to order a tuner from Gibson or I’ll have to wait until the dealer gets more Juniors in. On the plus side this is a tone machine and has one of the most beautiful roadswood boards that I have seen on a Gibson. BTW I was able to force the tuner into compliance without twisting the button off.

Texan

It's kinda hard to tell the color on that. Is it faded brown or red? Whatever it is, I want one!