• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Photos from Fort Worth 2018

JimR56

Thanks as always!

The "tease" photo of that custom 175 is intriguing... :) ...cherry, block markers... I wonder if anything else was customized on that baby!

akstrat61

I had no idea that people are asking that for Korina Laps. I have a great '58 stashed away that may have to get dusted off!:dude:

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Thanks as always!

The "tease" photo of that custom 175 is intriguing... :) ...cherry, block markers... I wonder if anything else was customized on that baby!

See the photo in post #10. That's a cool 175! :dude:

Strings Jr.

Thanks as always!

I like the f-hole binding, binding on the peghead veneer, and the upscale fingerboard with the "point" at the end.
Also has the Bigsby and Custom Made plaque. Someone checked all the boxes when they ordered this one :salude

Frutiger

The Recording King Nick Lucas in factory black is incredible (and exceedingly rare). :salude

JimR56

I recognized the 350 immediately, despite the apparent lack of fanfare by Heritage. I also noticed that it's not really "featured" on their website for the upcoming auction. At least their blurb on it shows some respect:

"Barney Kessel's Circa 1946 Gibson ES-350 Sunburst Archtop Electric Guitar Barney Kessel's personal ES-350 modified with a late 30's Charlie Christian pickup. The headstock overlay has been painted solid black. The Gibson logo and crest inlay are outlined from finish shrinkage. The neck is likely original but has been refretted and rebound. The entire guitar has been refinished. The tuners are Schaller tuners. The holes from the previous tuners have been filled. Large metal jack plate and several visible side cracks at the lower bout of the guitar. A very iconic guitar from one of the true legends of the instrument during the last gasp of pop jazz."

The last part of that is nonsense, though... "last gasp of pop jazz"? Kessel played this guitar for basically his entire career, from the 1940's to the 1990's. In that sense, I don't know what "last gasp" refers to, and "pop jazz" makes little sense either.