• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

This amp is amazing..

BluesyTones

20181006_140954.jpg

I can't find a single fault.

Last edited:

renderit

I find them to be very close to the original. A little brighter but they loosen up a bit after the speakers break in. I like them a lot.

BluesyTones

I find them to be very close to the original. A little brighter but they loosen up a bit after the speakers break in. I like them a lot.

Your opinion matches mine exactly. Very powerful stout sounding amp, I imagine something what a real one off the showroom floor in the 60s would have been like. But yes, it CAN BE very bright, but it is easily tamed. I am planning for an A/B switch with all pedals going to normal channel.. and the bright channel just for clean maybe some delay...

Right now I find that 5 across the dial, maybe less on the reverb. Works well for this LP on the bright channel.

Wait, can't I jumper channels.. what would that do?

lure555

Swirling Vortex of Sound, Classic Club
I loved my old 68 CDR. So glad I was able to replicate it with my Helix.

renderit

No, but I played the reissue next to this...100% original. 100%. I.e. every cap, cord, (and as far as I can tell, tube).

36353056002_f48027a3a9_k.jpg

36353063692_712bec3611_k.jpg

36474688416_4227efea9a_k.jpg

35686178034_6895a63387_k.jpg

Pellman73

Fender is making some really great amps!

I was at the shop in town and I plugged into a Hot Rod Deville and I was like "WHAT THE HELL!"

the clean channnel was all the fender clean you'd ever want and the gainy stuff was great

agogetr

desert island! man it really doesnt get any better than this. its got tone and looks too!

Bob Womack

Your opinion matches mine exactly. Very powerful stout sounding amp, I imagine something what a real one off the showroom floor in the 60s would have been like. But yes, it CAN BE very bright, but it is easily tamed. I am planning for an A/B switch with all pedals going to normal channel.. and the bright channel just for clean maybe some delay...

Right now I find that 5 across the dial, maybe less on the reverb. Works well for this LP on the bright channel.

Wait, can't I jumper channels.. what would that do?
Get a used Barber Launch Pad. It offers an out of phase second output that allows you to jump Fender channels.

Bob

PaulLaRue

Industry standard amp. Every player should have one. The pinnacle of Leo's designs.