The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Les Paul Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6

    This amp is amazing..



    I can't find a single fault.
    Last edited by BluesyTones; 10-06-18 at 05:37 PM.

  2. #2
    Les Paul Forum Member renderit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    9,402

    Re: This amp is amazing..

    I find them to be very close to the original. A little brighter but they loosen up a bit after the speakers break in. I like them a lot.


  3. #3
    Les Paul Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6

    Re: This amp is amazing..

    Quote Originally Posted by renderit View Post
    I find them to be very close to the original. A little brighter but they loosen up a bit after the speakers break in. I like them a lot.
    Your opinion matches mine exactly. Very powerful stout sounding amp, I imagine something what a real one off the showroom floor in the 60s would have been like. But yes, it CAN BE very bright, but it is easily tamed. I am planning for an A/B switch with all pedals going to normal channel.. and the bright channel just for clean maybe some delay...

    Right now I find that 5 across the dial, maybe less on the reverb. Works well for this LP on the bright channel.

    Wait, can't I jumper channels.. what would that do?

  4. #4
    Swirling Vortex of Sound
    Classic Club
    lure555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Hobart, IN
    Posts
    3,279

    Re: This amp is amazing..

    I loved my old 68 CDR. So glad I was able to replicate it with my Helix.

  5. #5

    Re: This amp is amazing..

    I strongly... Agree

  6. #6

    Re: This amp is amazing..

    Has anyone tried the Alessandro rebuilds??
    Game on!

  7. #7
    Les Paul Forum Member renderit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    9,402

    Re: This amp is amazing..

    No, but I played the reissue next to this...100% original. 100%. I.e. every cap, cord, (and as far as I can tell, tube).






  8. #8
    Les Paul Forum Member fakejake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    lost in the changes
    Posts
    988

    Re: This amp is amazing..

    Quote Originally Posted by renderit View Post
    No, but I played the reissue next to this...100% original. 100%. I.e. every cap, cord, (and as far as I can tell, tube).




    Jeeez that thing is C L E A N!!!

  9. #9
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: This amp is amazing..

    Fender is making some really great amps!

    I was at the shop in town and I plugged into a Hot Rod Deville and I was like "WHAT THE HELL!"

    the clean channnel was all the fender clean you'd ever want and the gainy stuff was great

  10. #10
    Les Paul Forum Member TM1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    on the middle & bridge pickup of my L.P. Custom
    Posts
    7,719

    Re: This amp is amazing..

    Quote Originally Posted by fakejake View Post
    Jeeez that thing is C L E A N!!!
    I've been in a few hundred BF Deluxe's and that's CLEAN!! Yikes! Caps looks like 17th week of 1965.

  11. #11

    Re: This amp is amazing..

    That amp is stunning!
    Game on!

  12. #12
    Les Paul Forum Member AA00475Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Some place between bad wood & good wood
    Posts
    2,189

    Re: This amp is amazing..

    Nice stuff Ren !!
    Ive never confused owning a bunch of high end gear with being some kind of a guitar player I'm a hack and I love guitars !

    He thinks the mirror is a photo of a clown ?

    The Myth: Neat wiring layouts always equate to great-sounding amps.

  13. #13
    Les Paul Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    122

    Re: This amp is amazing..

    desert island! man it really doesnt get any better than this. its got tone and looks too!

  14. #14
    Les Paul Forum Member Bob Womack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Between Clever and Stupid
    Posts
    1,812

    Re: This amp is amazing..

    Quote Originally Posted by BluesyTones View Post
    Your opinion matches mine exactly. Very powerful stout sounding amp, I imagine something what a real one off the showroom floor in the 60s would have been like. But yes, it CAN BE very bright, but it is easily tamed. I am planning for an A/B switch with all pedals going to normal channel.. and the bright channel just for clean maybe some delay...

    Right now I find that 5 across the dial, maybe less on the reverb. Works well for this LP on the bright channel.

    Wait, can't I jumper channels.. what would that do?
    Get a used Barber Launch Pad. It offers an out of phase second output that allows you to jump Fender channels.

    Bob
    "It is said, 'Go not to the elves for counsel for they will say both no and yes.' "
    Frodo Baggins to Gildor Inglorion, The Fellowship of the Ring


    My little site:
    THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM

  15. #15
    Les Paul Forum Member sonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,442

    Re: This amp is amazing..

    Quote Originally Posted by BluesyTones View Post
    Wait, can't I jumper channels.. what would that do?
    Nope. Channels are out of phase.

    Get an A/B/Y pedal or look into what Bob recommended.

  16. #16
    Les Paul Forum Member PaulLaRue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Daytona Beach, Fl.
    Posts
    256

    Re: This amp is amazing..

    Industry standard amp. Every player should have one. The pinnacle of Leo's designs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Scroll Down And Click On All Of Our Sponsors' Logos For Their Websites!






i