• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

My first Les Paul

BluesyTones

I'm 35, played strictly Fenders all my life. I wanted a dramatic change. Put this rig together, I'm never going back! I was so surprised how much more comfortable the Les Paul is for me both sitting and standing.

I went and hand-picked this 2019 from some other Tributes. This one is very loud, lightish, and has a very weird but very seductive hollobody like prescense to it that I attribute comes from the weight relief? I dunno, but this particular one has some weird thing about it that the others did not. It also had gobbs of clean sustain. I can't see myself going back, this guitar is too comfortable.

20181006_140748.jpg

20181006_140954.jpg

And some natural relic'ing I've done so far :)

20181006_141033.jpg

Attachments

• 20181006_141003.jpg
    20181006_141003.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

J T

LP and Deluxe. Great combination!

Great!

Big Al

A Fender Deluxe Reverb will certqinly expose the truth about that guitar and is such a good match. I have found that Fender Amps are for me the very best amps and own many, from tweed to now, with Black Face Reverb Combos as my alltime favorites. Picking the guitar, from many, is the very best way to do it, Brother, and it sounds as if you picked the right one. The hollow, airy tone is quite common on some Les pauls and I tend to like that tone signature myself.

I have found that Les pauls make a great compliment too Fender guitars and pair exceptonaly well with Telecasters, IMO, and are my favorite dynamic duo. Though very, very differernt there is something so sympatico about Les Pauls and Telecasters too me. I don't quite know how to explain it, but that pair just seem to compliment each other sonicly and I find a certain kind of comfortableness going back and forth from one to the other.

It is so great when you pick a good one and you are about to find all kinds of cool, unique sonic delights with your new Les Paul!!!! I am sure you will enjoy every moment!! Congrats on the new guitar!!!!!

Hotshot

Congrats! Welcome to the club. Great amp. I use a 69 twin for clean n blues. But don’t pass up a chance to put that thing through a JMP or JCM800. You’ll see.

BluesyTones

Congrats! Welcome to the club. Great amp. I use a 69 twin for clean n blues. But don’t pass up a chance to put that thing through a JMP or JCM800. You’ll see.

I'm a blues guy, mostly a clean player.. maybe a little ts10.. I'm worried if I plug this new les paul into a JMP or JCM that Gary Moore will manifest in me.. and I will just want to RIP everyone heads off in the best way ala Gary. But then my dream crumbles when my hand cramps up cuz I'm not Gary

RocknRollShakeUp

Awesome duo! Play them in good health!

I play my Les Pauls through fender style combo amps these days too, mainly clean to edge of break up, and I dial in for a bright chimey meets fat tele kind of sound!

renderit

Very nice and welcome! I will end up with one of those I think. Sweet.