• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New Pots for my P90's

Ztonemonster

Hi,

New member here (but long time lurker)...

I just installed new P90's in my 2018 LP Classic Player Plus LP. I had a bad volume pot on the neck side, so I'm replacing all the pots while I'm at it.

Overall, I really like what I'm getting from the new P90's, but I wouldn't mind fattening up the bridge side a bit. I have plenty of treble on the bridge. Not huge, but a bit too much.

I'm thinking about putting 300K pots on the bridge side. My question is... should I put 300K pots on both volume and tone, just volume, just tone?

What differences should I expect to hear by using 300k pots on the volume, vs the tone, etc?

Thanks in advance for your input.

TM1

Do a 500K for the volume and a 250K for the Tone. Gibson use to do this back in the `50's/`60's on all single pickup guitars and it took enough of the top end off and fattened up the low end.
Buy some of the VIP pots!

Ztonemonster

Do a 500K for the volume and a 250K for the Tone. Gibson use to do this back in the `50's/`60's on all single pickup guitars and it took enough of the top end off and fattened up the low end.
Buy some of the VIP pots!

Thanks! So, it's better to put the 500 for the volume, and put a lower value pot in the tone position? Why is that? I'm just trying to learn this stuff.