• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD: 2018 Wildwood-Spec, Tom Murphy Hand Painted & Aged R0 w/ Brazilian Board (!)

PeteNJ75

This was a case of incredibly lucky timing. I learned Wildwood had 15 Brazilian R0s made over the past 2 years, so I knew it was a real long shot to find one, but I just so happened to write Steve asking about them the same day (same hour?) this became available (someone had it on layaway but had to let it go), so I jumped at the chance to snag it. Out of those 15 made, only 6 were painted and aged by Tom Murphy, so this is super rare, and one of only a handful in the world. Pretty cool huh? I guess it’s only really cool if you like R0s, but I’ve always wanted one. They’re calling the finish Murphy Sunburst, and it’s somewhere between vintage cherry and iced tea. Weighs 8.8 lbs. Dark cherry back like the True Historics. Not super flamed out but it’s gorgeous and 3D and just feels realistic to me.

It plays fantastic and sounds just as amazing. I’ve only had it for a matter of hours so can’t give a good tone review, but it’s beefy and crisp and gets pretty nasty when you want it to. Really phenomenal guitar. I knew it came with regular volume and tone knobs so I ordered a pair of relic’d reflector knobs ahead of time. To me, an R0 just doesn’t look like an R0 without them, but there are pics with and without. I’ll try to post more at some point.

ht6mlTv.jpg

Hhs0vhk.jpg

yhX37bP.jpg

wZJm38j.jpg

gX4vdLm.jpg

vNwt0IZ.jpg

kgJAGOh.jpg

Lr9dDo5.jpg

ZOgrMzX.jpg

bI7Uu6V.jpg

P.S. Some of you might have noticed that I literally just got a new R9 Brazilian last week. I went on a bender, what can I say? I just couldn’t pass this one up. All I can say is I’m very happy with my collection right now.

C-4

Re: NGD: 2018 Wildwood-Spec, Tom Murphy Hand Painted & Aged R0 w/ Brazilian Board (!)

Congratulations on your two new R's.
I like the top on this R0 as it looks realistic to burst tops.

I'm shopping now for an R. All of my past R's had intensely flamed tops, but I've come to see those, while really incredible looking, to be not as realistic as tops such as your R0 has.

jarofflies

Re: NGD: 2018 Wildwood-Spec, Tom Murphy Hand Painted & Aged R0 w/ Brazilian Board (!)

Beautiful guitar! Congrats!

Omega

Looks really great, congratulations.

sidekick

Congrats ... Looks very cool and I agree that reflectors look 'more the part' on R0's.

Does the BR on these come with CITES certification?

renderit

Just flippin' gorgeous! You are a lucky guy!

TM1

I thought that Gibson would have fixed the peghead logo..? Doesn't look like the `50's early `60's logo's. The one on my `63 reissue block inlay ES-335 looks right, this one doesn't ..
The rest of the guitar looks spectacular!

Blue97FXSTC

R0 + reflectors = Yes

Bruce R

I thought that Gibson would have fixed the peghead logo..? Doesn't look like the `50's early `60's logo's. The one on my `63 reissue block inlay ES-335 looks right, this one doesn't ..
The rest of the guitar looks spectacular!

DB - What's wrong about that peghead logo?

Patek

Absolutely stunning beyond belief - congrats to you

Ahad

Congrats of finding this gem! The color and top is stunning on this one! :dude: