• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Motorcycles

JeffBlue

I just bought my first Harley Davidson. 2019 Softail Deluxe and I love it. Before I recently completed a motorcycle academy class, it had been about 15-20 years since I've ridden. I highly recommend that you attend a class because I met and witnessed people who have never ridden get some experience and learned some riding skills. I passed and didn't have to do the DMV riding skills test because you receive a certificate of completion. I am still developing skills and utilizing what I have learned.

Don't ever become too confident and always look for the unexpected because you will see people driving badly and always assume that you are not being seen. I am having the time of my life while I am riding.......what a rush. If you decide to ride and you discover that you enjoy it, there will be good times ahead. I wish you well.

hoss

The season has started here in Austria

57506288_418740465624205_4537266794299629537_n.jpg

J T

The season has started here in Austria

Hey there Hoss! Nice pic!

I've never been to Austria, looks nice. That must be a fun ride. Are there roads that do not have a speed limit?

hoss

Hey there Hoss! Nice pic!

I've never been to Austria, looks nice. That must be a fun ride. Are there roads that do not have a speed limit?
No public roads, only a couple of race tracks here.
In Germany there is no speed limit on highways but who wants to go straight?

J T

No public roads, only a couple of race tracks here.
In Germany there is no speed limit on highways but who wants to go straight?

Gotcha!

Straight roads are no fun. Lean into them turns. Woo Hoo!

hoss

Off to new Adventures.
Sold my KTM 690 Duke R two weeks ago and picked up the 790 Adventure R today.

schneeberg.jpg

hoss

Did some mountain trails last week.

20190810_190451.jpg

Today's evening ride through the Vienna Alps.

20190814_190852.jpg

J T

"The hills are alive with the sound of... " motorcycles ..

:jim

jrgtr42

Hi, I'm new but my motorcycle is old.
Its not fancy, and no electric start.
But she's cool and sounds bitch'n!
Ride EZ everyone.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/PMZVLMzh16HAHDQMA

:wow:bike:bug
NICE!!!!! I love those old Brit bikes.
A friend of the family has a mid-70s Norton Commando I have my eyes on.
Been sitting for years, so it would need some help... but the biggest issue is convincing him to let it go.
Correction: the biggest issue would be getting permission from SWMBO.

ElCollier23

Banned
What do you guys think about earplugs while riding a motorcycle? I know it's illegal here in the U.S. but most riders still use them to make sure they avoid hearing loss and tinnitus. Just read an article about it because I just bought a friends bike. Really curious and want to know more about it though.

Edit: I also watched this video about filtered custom earplugs made by Big Ear. Are they any good? I think they're terrific and can be used in a lot of ways. Just my opinion though.

hoss

I have never used ear plugs not even during my racing days, I always want to hear the traffic around me.
Motorcycle have a very bad reputation today, like smoking. Now I want a quiet bike and mine is really silent.

J.D.

I wear ear plugs for both the engine and road noise on any longer and/or highway speed rides. They knock down the sound level but I can still hear everything around me fine. Takes a bit to get used to them but once you do riding without them seems strange.