• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

More info about this burst? Joe Walsh

NINFNM

Solved. Thanks!

I wonder about the refin... and also seems that the binding was replaced with a thicker one

Doc Sausage

The guitar notwithstanding, I liked the drinkin’ Joe better! But glad he knew when to quit too.

Bob Womack

The guitar notwithstanding, I liked the drinkin’ Joe better! But glad he knew when to quit too.
That's funny. Through TSYDTPYG and So What I saw a different Joe so never ended up liking the drinking Joe. I always liked his music that was closer to ballads than party music. And now I'm just so happy that he got squared away that I definitely don't miss drinking Joe. I pray for him to survive his drinking.

Bob

EliteGuitars

Les Paul Forum Sponsor
Since this topic has popped up, I thought i would share one of my recently taken photographs of the Les Paul in question.
This is 1 of Joe Walsh’s Standard Sunburst Les Pauls. It has its original 1959 Serial on it. A couple of pictures from my photo shoot can be seen in the soon to be published "Burst Believers IV" book.
This guitar has had quite a LOT of work done to it. Besides the obvious issues, there were other wood working repairs too. Based on what I saw, it was quite modified at one time including a rather large wood repair to the treble side of the body near the jack. Based on the size of the wood patch, I assume at one time it may have had some kind of synth interface/hookup connector or something like it.
I don't know much about the history of the guitar and Joe has NO recollection of where or when he acquired it either, however, the posted Letterman TV show video does at least bookmark his ownership to that time period.

I think it was already established but if there is any doubt, this is NOT the painted Black Les Paul Standard that Roger Giffin restored. I have seen that guitar and know that it remains in the possession of the owner that commissioned Roger to restore it the back in the 1990’s. As I remember, that guitar may have been a 1958 model, but it was long ago and my memory has some gaps.

eQEN27z.jpg

Last edited: