• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Les Paul Forum Facebook - Les Paul/Gibson bashing post.

grimlyflick

Although I’ve always found this forum to be very helpful with the wealth of knowledge from some members to be most informative (stand up Big Al for example), I’ve since ditched other forums due to opinions, sometimes very aggresive, on subjects they are clearly mis-informed or in some causes just plain stupid.

A post that stood out for me in particular on the current LPF Facebook thread was “I have two new Les Pauls I am unhappy with”.

Why would firstly buy a Les Paul you are unhappy with then second actually keep it, and thirdly buy another new one you don’t like.

Would you buy a pair of shoes that don’t fit, or a pizza with toppings you don’t like.

Makes no sense to me.

For the record my 2016 Standard was great out of the box, I’ve since upgraded the pots and caps and changed the pickups to Monty’s, but thats just my taste, I just grew tired of all the swtching after a while.

I know Gibson vision sometimes seems a bit skewed and some guitars seem to bypass the QC, but mostly they do still make a fine musical instrument.
:salude

On a side note maybe we could follow this thread with a bunch of posts and photos of new Gibson we all actually own and like, would make a refreshing change for once from the usual negativity.

lure555

Swirling Vortex of Sound, Classic Club
Facebook is all about complaining, it seems. I just bought a new LP yesterday and I swear it feels just as nice as the 57 RI GT I used to have.