• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD - Rickenbacker

S. Cane

So, I finally traded my SG for a sweet Rickenbacker 620 in Mapleglo.

I really like it.

7DBE043E-FDDD-434E-8423-498ED6041A29_zpsvqrkwp94.jpg
1AC8B4A7-7896-4991-B29D-CE4F0AB6229D_zpsvngw2lgu.jpg

Plays like butter (fastest neck I've ever tried on a 'old school' guitar) and fits my needs perfectly, tonewise.

Oh, and it looks cool as hell with that cresting wave upper horn :jim:salude

garywright

congrats ! ..ricks are really well made high quality guitars ...I love like the blonde finish on yours ... the headstock w/white plastic trussrod cover is really striking ..i have a black 660/12 that i'll never part with ..this mike campbell vid might have you considering a 12 string also ..in particular @ 3:15
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NNUWlrKaWkA

S. Cane

Thanks!

Yes, it's pretty cool, ain't it? I love the mapleglo finish, it's more like a blonde finish than a "natural" maple.

This guitar is so cool and smooth playing, yet it has a serious "rock and roll" tone with those high gain pickups. It's like a Strat on steroyds :laugh2:

I particularly enjoy its looks, it looks just as good on a punk rocker, a surf musician, a tuxedo-wearing jazzist or any straight-forward bar gigging "blue Levis, black tee, Chuck Taylors" guy.

zhivago

Very cool guitar! Funily enough, I bought a 660 a couple of days ago...should be delivered later this week.

I love Rickenbacker guitars! :salude

S. Cane

Love it!

How is the neck, nut width, string spacing compared to a typical Gibson Les Paul?

Everything in the Rick looks and feels narrower. It's lighter than an average Les Paul. Thinner, narrower. Though it's definitely a full size guitar, it looks and feels smaller than a Lester in almost every way.

Since I'm a short guy, it is very comfortable and fast to play.

RocknRollShakeUp

Everything in the Rick looks and feels narrower. It's lighter than an average Les Paul. Thinner, narrower. Though it's definitely a full size guitar, it looks and feels smaller than a Lester in almost every way.

Since I'm a short guy, it is very comfortable and fast to play.

gotcha thanks